The Student Room Group

Best Paid Part Time Jobs.

Hello All!:smile: I need some help, basically I want to move out of my parents home for various reason that are not really relevant. Where I live I can rent a one bed flat for around £325-450 pcm (including bills) This means I will need to earn £800-1000 a month. Unfortunately I don't qualify for minimum wage as I'm under 18 but I know that some big companies like Tesco do equal paid for all regardless of age. I just need some advice on places or jobs that may paid a high enough wage with enough hours to receive a wage like that per month. I know that If I work 30 hours a week at around £7.30 per hour I'll earn enough do this.

I have been looking for jobs and have apply for all sorts of places; I haven't even been given and interview and I'm really not sure where I'm going wrong, I believe I'm falling down on the online quizzes they make you take about customer service; As I've never had a job before I'm unsure how to answer this questions. If anyone has any advice on how to answer these questions it would greatly appreciate it.

Finally I appreciate some people will not agree with what I'm doing however this is not the place voice your opinions please understand I haven't rushed into this decision, I have done lots of research over good few months and this is defiantly not a rushed decision.

Thanks for all the help! :tongue:
Original post by JaneSteph
Hello All!:smile: I need some help, basically I want to move out of my parents home for various reason that are not really relevant. Where I live I can rent a one bed flat for around £325-450 pcm (including bills) This means I will need to earn £800-1000 a month. Unfortunately I don't qualify for minimum wage as I'm under 18 but I know that some big companies like Tesco do equal paid for all regardless of age. I just need some advice on places or jobs that may paid a high enough wage with enough hours to receive a wage like that per month. I know that If I work 30 hours a week at around £7.30 per hour I'll earn enough do this.

I have been looking for jobs and have apply for all sorts of places; I haven't even been given and interview and I'm really not sure where I'm going wrong, I believe I'm falling down on the online quizzes they make you take about customer service; As I've never had a job before I'm unsure how to answer this questions. If anyone has any advice on how to answer these questions it would greatly appreciate it.

Finally I appreciate some people will not agree with what I'm doing however this is not the place voice your opinions please understand I haven't rushed into this decision, I have done lots of research over good few months and this is defiantly not a rushed decision.

Thanks for all the help! :tongue:

Try aldi, they pay really well. Im sure for the store assistants its about £7-£9 an hour.
Also i think lidl pay really well.
Reply 2
Just to give you heads up that SOME big companies do pay you a much lower wage (probably in the £5 region) for the first 6 months because you're under 18 (your extensive probation period). Only after then will your wage will be equal to the rest of the employees.

Hope this helps you plan things.
Adultworks, darlin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending