The Student Room Group

the only thing putting me off is his culture/background....tips?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by de_monies
Would the OP be getting in a relationship with his parents? Or the rest of his family? No, the OP may be getting in to a relationship with a person, and not his family. Why should that matter?

tbf it'd be naive to assume that a long term relationship involves simply person A and person B.
Any substainal long lasting relationship involves family, so if the OP has such a negative attitude towards the person's culture, it doesn't take a genius to work out that it may cause problems in the future.
I certainly wouldn't want someone to go out with me if they were to feel so negatively about my culture.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
tbf it'd be naive to assume that a long term relationship involves simply person A and person B. Any substainal long lasting relationship involves family, so I wouldn't be so mean to the OP about being reluctuant.

Hmm perhaps, and perhaps it's because I know generally how Asian relationships tend to work ie: I had my Asian cap on and not my Western one :biggrin: . I'd hate that the OP thinks I was being mean to her. That wasn't my intention at all. Sorry OP, if I offended :smile:
Original post by de_monies
Hmm perhaps, and perhaps it's because I know generally how Asian relationships tend to work ie: I had my Asian cap on and not my Western one :biggrin: . I'd hate that the OP thinks I was being mean to her. That wasn't my intention at all. Sorry OP, if I offended :smile:

Original quote of mine came out colder than it should have, curse my slow editing :tongue:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Original quote of mine came out colder than it should have, curse my slow editing :tongue:

Fair enoughs and I guess I see where you're coming from. With an Asian boy and a girl, I think the ONLY time they'd see each others parents would either be accidentally ie: they'd see them in the streets (but they'd have no idea they're in a relationship) or when they want to get married

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending