The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jsheridan
This may sound silly but are they still doing the Bart's route I couldn't find any info on the website nor on ucas

Yes, but if it's the same as last year, those put on the Barts route will get an email about it just before receiving their offer.
Original post by Blobblecats
March 5th, I think 827.5 was my average :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That score is just insane mate :L
Reply 402
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Yes, but if it's the same as last year, those put on the Barts route will get an email about it just before receiving their offer.

Oooh, wouldn't mind going the Barts route.. Are people just picked at random for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KerryMan
Oooh, wouldn't mind going the Barts route.. Are people just picked at random for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure whether it's random or not, but currently you have no option to apply for it. So if you get an offer for the Barts route you can accept / reject, but you can't ask to be put on it (AFAIK - an email to the admissions department may clear it up).

FWIW, if you google "St Andrews Barts", the first link is to a document outlining how it is going to work.
Reply 404
I've just received a rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too . Oh well. Still got two options how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 406
Sorry to hear, guys. But just remember, all you need is one offer. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 407
Original post by katherine96
Me too . Oh well. Still got two options how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One choice left. My ukcat is 685, yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
One choice left. My ukcat is 685, yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

672.5 Good luck for your last choice :smile: If it doesn't happen this year I am going to Africa then reapplying. You?
Reply 409
672.5 Good luck for your last choice :smile: If it doesn't happen this year I am going to Africa then reapplying. You?

I want to do something like that. I don't think it's because of our ukcats anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
I want to do something like that. I don't think it's because of our ukcats anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

On my track there was a reason and it said my global ukcat was below the required level or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 411
On my track there was a reason and it said my global ukcat was below the required level or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have any reasons in my track. Just the usual UCAS letter. I can't believe that the cut off raised so much. What are your left choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
I don't have any reasons in my track. Just the usual UCAS letter. I can't believe that the cut off raised so much. What are your left choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aberdeen- I've had an interview and edinburgh. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 413
Aberdeen- I've had an interview and edinburgh. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still have KCL. I called St. Andrews admissions office they told me to email mailto:[email protected]
to receive a feedback. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Called St Andrews today
still haven't gone through all the application yet so they give out invitation/rejection as they go.
they interview until March so people who haven't heard anything (including myself) just keep your hope up! :biggrin:
Reply 415
interview via Skype! 680/9A*/A*A*A*AB achieved. any current student here who could give info about the medical curriculum conducting style please?
Reply 416
Original post by sherazhar
interview via Skype! 680/9A*/A*A*A*AB achieved. any current student here who could give info about the medical curriculum conducting style please?

Congratulations. Are you an home applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 417
Original post by lulib
Congratulations. Are you an home applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

via skype is for int'ls! :smile:
Original post by sherazhar

You can find it all in the prospectus, but they love their spiral curriculum and dissection.
Reply 419
Rejected with a UKCAT of 678, it was below the level apparently! Must be a really high cut-off this year, good luck to those with interviews/haven't heard yet! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending