The Student Room Group

Royal Mail Christmas Jobs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ineedtorevise127
Just got an offer letter after the assessment day thing

10pm-6am (for 2 weeks starting 2nd Dec)

But it says I have to do induction on 2nd Dec will they still pay my usual hourly rate for induction or is it unpaid?

Which branch did you apply for and when?
Reply 181
Just an update, just got back from mine. Start on the 3rd - 23rd December. I was in and out more or less. Like other people have described it, they just checked my documents, I chose my shift and then I was moved to someone else who double checked them and told me when my induction is and when I start.
Original post by Wells
Just an update, just got back from mine. Start on the 3rd - 23rd December. I was in and out more or less. Like other people have described it, they just checked my documents, I chose my shift and then I was moved to someone else who double checked them and told me when my induction is and when I start.

Nice one mate, congrats :smile: still waiting myself...
Reply 183
Original post by Wells

Thanks for updating and congrats, just got to get copies of the documents they want and i'm ready to go.
Reply 184
Thanks :smile: I was hoping I'd start a bit earlier, like at the end of November or something but I was kinda expecting a December start. Still, it adds to my CV! I had the option of starting on the 3rd or 6th so it'll probably be the same for others as well.
Reply 185
Original post by Wells

Congratulatuions to you!
Hopefully I get the job.. i stupidly forgot to bring one thing, which was a picture so they could use it for my ID card whilst working there. If I don't get the job, I will be extremely pissed. I can only blame myself after leaving things to the last minute..

I get the chance to be "interviewed" again next week tuesday at 9:30.
Reply 186
Original post by RheSy
Congratulatuions to you!
Hopefully I get the job.. i stupidly forgot to bring one thing, which was a picture so they could use it for my ID card whilst working there. If I don't get the job, I will be extremely pissed. I can only blame myself after leaving things to the last minute..

I get the chance to be "interviewed" again next week tuesday at 9:30.

Ahh noo! I'm sure you will get it though, as long as the shift that you want is still available by next tuesday, they're pretty relaxed about it all. Just remember to take 2 photos, I'm not sure why they need 2 but that's what it said in the email.
Original post by ForgetMe
Which branch did you apply for and when?

Croydon and I think it was 2nd Dec to 23rd Dec
I've just got an email from Royal Mail saying they are conducting telephone interviews and booking candidates for the next week for a document checking session. Are they going just to book me a place or ask interview questions? :hmmm: Will I be able to choose another place at that session? The place I've applied is Hemel Hempstead and I'm from South East London :facepalm: It's damn 13 pounds one way from Euston station, and then I will need extra few pounds to get to Euston :erm: I've also applied for Croydon one but haven't heard yet ..
Croydon and I think it was 2nd Dec to 23rd Dec

I meant when did you apply for it? I've applied for Croydon branch on 2nd September and haven't yeard back.. Only today received an email for Hemel Hempstead branch which is very far from where I live..
I meant when did you apply for it? I've applied for Croydon branch on 2nd September and haven't yeard back.. Only today received an email for Hemel Hempstead branch which is very far from where I live..

Around 6th or 7th Sept I think
Reply 191
I've just got an email from Royal Mail saying they are conducting telephone interviews and booking candidates for the next week for a document checking session. Are they going just to book me a place or ask interview questions? :hmmm: Will I be able to choose another place at that session? The place I've applied is Hemel Hempstead and I'm from South East London :facepalm: It's damn 13 pounds one way from Euston station, and then I will need extra few pounds to get to Euston :erm: I've also applied for Croydon one but haven't heard yet ..

That's weird, I've never heard of them doing telephone interviews before, not sure why they would need to do that. Mind you, to Royal mail it seems an interview is just talking to another person. Maybe they'll just ask you to confirm who you are by asking a few personal details and then ask you when you'd like to go to the registration event from a list of dates and times. It should all be done online though I thought. Did you get the email after you completed your application with a list of what you need to take? With that they gave me a link to book my registration event slot.
Around 6th or 7th Sept I think

Did you only apply for Croydon?
Are we allowed to apply to more than 1 royal mail branch?
Just got an offer letter after the assessment day thing

10pm-6am (for 2 weeks starting 2nd Dec)

But it says I have to do induction on 2nd Dec will they still pay my usual hourly rate for induction or is it unpaid?

Yup, induction is indeed paid :smile:
Did you only apply for Croydon?

Sutton as well but they didn't reply. How about u?
Original post by x-Saffire-x
Yup, induction is indeed paid :smile:

have you done it before? How long does it last and what do you do? Is the pay still your normal hourly rate or less?
Original post by Wells
That's weird, I've never heard of them doing telephone interviews before, not sure why they would need to do that. Mind you, to Royal mail it seems an interview is just talking to another person. Maybe they'll just ask you to confirm who you are by asking a few personal details and then ask you when you'd like to go to the registration event from a list of dates and times. It should all be done online though I thought. Did you get the email after you completed your application with a list of what you need to take? With that they gave me a link to book my registration event slot.

Yes, I've got an email after I've done everything on their website and it said what to bring. I've noticed that the guy is from Nottingham office, so that's why maybe he does telephone interviews :K: I've only now noticed that Hemel Hemsptead is like a village :erm: There's no damn bus stop next to Royal Mail depot so I'll need to walk round and round for about 15 minutes from bus station :facepalm: Oh apparently, the depot is even more further :erm: I really hope I will be able to get to a closer depot, otherwise I'm not going there :K:
Sutton as well but they didn't reply. How about u?

I did hear back from Hemel Hemsptead which is ridiculously far! Haven't heard from Croydon yet.
Original post by newcastle123
Are we allowed to apply to more than 1 royal mail branch?

I think it's enough to apply for only 1 and later at recruitment session I've heard you can choose which branch you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending