The Student Room Group

Nintendo Wii U Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VladThe1mpaler
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/the_next_batman_game_is_arkham_knight_and_no_there_wont_be_a_wii_u_version

Batman: Arkham Knight has been announced for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. There wont be a 360, PS3, or Wii U version.

This is very disappointing, I love the Arkham games and I would love to play this new one.

Definitely disappointing news, it looks brilliant. Will probably get an xbox one at some point anyway though so atleast I'll still get to play it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally got Rayman and DK. After the Challenges App stopped a while ago i totally forgot how much i love Rayman! It's awesome haha
Hoo boy, Nintendo are going balls to the wall on Mario Kart 8!

Partnership with Pennzoil - Mario Karting Reimagined: http://pureplus.pennzoil.com/#mario-kart-video

Some kind of karting mixed with virtual Mario Kart items? The event lasts from 7th-9th March, it'll be interesting to see some actual videos of what they're planning to do.

Mario Kart game bundles announced: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014/March/Get-into-pole-position-for-Mario-Kart-8-on-Wii-U-with-the-Mario-Kart-8-Limited-Edition-software-bundle-861108.html

There will be a Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition bundle with a Blue/Spiny Shell figurine as well as the game for £60:

Super Mario Kart (SNES) will be released on the Wii U Virtual Console for £5.49(?), it's the US 60Hz version. If you download Super Mario Kart before 30th June, you can get a £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8 on the eShop before 30th June as well.

If you preorder Mario Kart 8 at retail, you have a choice of a Golden Dash Mushroom keyring from Very or Littlewoods, a Bullet Bill keyring from Grainger Games (and other retailers), or a Red Shell keyring from the Nintendo UK Online Store:

On the Nintendo UK Online Store, you can buy a bundle for £50 with a Bullet Bill T-Shirt and Red Shell keyring, or £60 for the Bullet Bill T-Shirt, Red Shell keyring and Blue/Spiny Shell model (Limited Edition bundle):
OR

Finally, if you preorder Mario Kart 8 from GAME, you'll get a Wii U Super Mario Kart Racing Wheel:

Daaaaaaaaaamn Nintendo! :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
I genuinely cannot express how excited i am for this game. It was my favourite game of all on the Wii!
I don't know if all that stuff is worth an extra £20...

I'm still considering it though.
I don't know if all that stuff is worth an extra £20...

I'm still considering it though.

The way I'm justifying it is £40 for the game, £15 for the T-Shirt and £5 for the keyring and model :lol: plus you've got to love dat limited edition box :coma:

That said, ordering from the Nintendo UK Online Store is absolutely the best way to go, assuming you're not bothered about the type of keyring you get.
The Limited Edition version is bull****. None of that stuff is worth an extra £20. I'm excited for the game, but I will only buy the regular version. I'll be a little sad to move on from MKWii. Hopefully this will be just as fun.

I don't know whether to buy the Pro Controller or not. I play MKWii with the WiiChuk, but it looks like the GamePad will tell you what items other players are holding. That will be useful.
Original post by NathanW18
The Limited Edition version is bull****. None of that stuff is worth an extra £20. I'm excited for the game, but I will only buy the regular version. I'll be a little sad to move on from MKWii. Hopefully this will be just as fun.

I don't know whether to buy the Pro Controller or not. I play MKWii with the WiiChuk, but it looks like the GamePad will tell you what items other players are holding. That will be useful.

Yeah, I paid extra for a Ganondorf figurine with Wind Waker HD but this is just a blue shell. It's not very exciting.
Can't wait for Advance Wars (the first GBA come) to come to the console!
I know, a blue shell for £20 ?

What a joke.
So, this Friday finally marks the arrival of GBA games for the Wii U eshop: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

Does anyone have any purchases that they're eyeing up? Metroid Fusion and Yoshi's Island and both strong candidates for me - though why they can't just release the SNES version of Yoshi's Island is beyond me :rolleyes:
Definitely Advance Wars, probably F-Zero too...
I see you in Cheap Arse Gaffer Illusionary! :colone:

Nothing for me until Golden Sun comes out unfortunately, I bought Advance Wars 1 and Metroid Fusion a while back, and I've still got Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. to play before I think about getting Superstar Saga.
Original post by R.J. Omega
I see you in Cheap Arse Gaffer Illusionary! :colone:
:ninja:
Nothing for me until Golden Sun comes out unfortunately, I bought Advance Wars 1 and Metroid Fusion a while back, and I've still got Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. to play before I think about getting Superstar Saga.
Another good choice there :yep: I played Golden Sun a long while back, but don't feel the need to re-play it at the moment.

The hype is real!
(edited 10 years ago)
Mario Kart 8 looks so frikkin good.

Tempted for a WiiU... What I really want is the WiiU Mario bundle + MK8 in one limited edition box set. That'd be ace.
Original post by mikeyd85
Tempted for a WiiU... .

Do it! Honestly you won't regret it, it already has a great lineup and there are loads of huge games coming soon.

Anyway, yeah MK8 looks amazing. If the visuals of a kart game are that good it makes me wonder how good Zelda U will look...
That gif is incredible. Holy balls.
Do it! Honestly you won't regret it, it already has a great lineup and there are loads of huge games coming soon.

Anyway, yeah MK8 looks amazing. If the visuals of a kart game are that good it makes me wonder how good Zelda U will look...

I can't justify it though... Only just bought an xbone and I'm meant to be saving for a car! :lol: being a gamer sucks lol!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest