The Student Room Group

Girls: would you prefer your long-term partner/husband to be a virgin?

Poll

Girls: would you prefer your long-term partner/husband to be a virgin?

I can't see that anyone has made a similar thread from the girls POV yet, so this is just asking the same question as this thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2418831
Girls - would you prefer your long-term partner/husband to be a virgin?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The drawback in the other thread is that there is no 'wouldn't mind either way' option. Therefore, most girls will probably go for the third option, and write an explanation which amounts to 'meh, I don't care.'
Reply 2
I'm a virgin, but I think I'd prefer them not to be.
Absolutely not.

Sexual compatibility is a huge thing for me so if he is a virgin when we meet then he won't be a virgin for long. :colone:
Reply 4
No other option. My husband will be a virgin. I find it disgusting that our civilization of the book is crumbling as we even have to discuss these issues. Of course sex is not for pleasure and after marriage.
I think at that age I'd rather just jump into having a good sex life with someone than having to go through that awkward 'not quite sure what's going on' stage.
Reply 6
Original post by Yael
No other option. My husband will be a virgin. I find it disgusting that our civilization of the book is crumbling as we even have to discuss these issues. Of course sex is not for pleasure and after marriage.

Nice and cheery. Your husband will be a lucky man.
Reply 7
I would prefer it if I'm honest :smile: but I mean if he's not then I wouldn't mind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I would like him to be, but I also wouldnt mind someone with experience.. Not a lot just one or two others.
:cute:
Original post by Yael

Sex is not for pleasure... Oh my. I feel really sorry for a guy who ends up marrying you IF such guy even exists...

But answering the question, I'd prefer my long-term partner/husband not to be a virgin. For me sex IS pleasure (yes that's SOOO WRONG) and I did have a guy who didn't know how to kiss before - first month or so wasn't that great and pleasant... However, in the end we were a couple for a very long time so it wasn't a put off.
So even though I'd prefer a guy with sexual experience, if I really liked him then it wouldn't matter :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Married now, so it's a bit late! In general I prefer if a guy doesn't have a massive sexual back-catalogue, but really don't care if they're a virgin or not (though if they were at my age I do admit I would wonder why, but not necessarily in a negative way). I was, and still would be, happy to have sex outside marriage, but if they really didn't want to I would be happy to wait if I really thought the relationship had marriage potential.
I wouldn't want to rush into marriage just so we "were allowed" sex though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Ideally I'd want a guy who had a bit of experience. I'm not a virgin so I'd prefer him not to be either.
I'd want him to be a virgin. Then I'd feel less embarrassed about not knowing what to do.
I don't really mind - as long as he doesn't have a history of being a cheater.
I do know that my current boyfriend is one, and we're both virgins so what the hell.
If we lose it then so be it - its pleasure accompanied with love :tongue:
I probably wouldn't feel comfortable if they'd slept with loooaaaaads of people but I wouldn't care if they'd had sex or not.
Definitely not. I'd probably rather a guy had slept with a few girls before me and had experience.
Original post by Yael
Yes, but you're a goy. I would never expect a different answer from one coming from civilization of crumbling morals, unethical norms and values accompanied by weak and insecure lifestyles. Well done on demoralizing that young man; I don't even talk to boys.

Of course such men exist and they are the finest on this planet; the IDF.

Oh don't you dare call me immoral. You know nothing about me or my life. I saw your other posts - all seem to be the same. You said once you don't even TALK to guys - so how can you form any opinion on such topics at all? We have 2013, wake up. Faith is one thing but being unable to adjust to the present is different and problematic. Thankfully, not my business.
Good luck with finding happiness though even if you found it I assume you'd run away because it'd feel good and that'd be bad according to the way you seem to think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
going by the experience I've had meeting by bf. It would get to me if he'd slept with untold but a bit of experience is necessary.
Reply 18
I don't want my partner to be a man-hoe, but I wouldn't mind a bit of experience. But it would be nice if they were a virgin.
Reply 19
Original post by coatsoft
not everyone is islamic, and it can be for pleasure

ooooh :s-smilie: embarrassing for you. If you look REALLY closely you'll see that her username is Hebrew. And there's a picture of the star of David. And in later post she mentioned the Israeli Defence Forces. Go on, have another guess :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending