The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Jenny94brown
I've got all my offers back and now i havent got a clue where to go!!! Sheffield H, Hull or Edinburgh Napier to do mental health.. I know sheffields the best but Hull take on less people so will it be better one to one teaching.. and the accomodation is cheaper at hull but then it's sheffield which is meant to be a great place for nursing.. Can anyone give me any advice please.. I have until 7th June but don't have a clue where to go :frown:

I only had till 8th May to reply :-( but where can you see yourself the most?
Original post by naomayox

I personally would go to Sheffield but you really need to think about where you see yourself being most comfortable/happy. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
I've firmed Chester, Riverside campus, March 15. Anyone else?
Reply 163
Hi,
has anyone heard from brighton yet? I received a misleading email entitled '
About studying BSc Hons Nursing (Mental Health) here' which has left me wondering whether I've been accepted or not? Any input on this would be great. Cheers :smile:
Original post by naomayox

I can see myself at hull. It's smaller which I like. But as sheffields known to be better will it affect jobs afterwards. Would they pick someone who went to Sheffield over hull??
Reply 165
Original post by emma81x
I've firmed Chester, Riverside campus, March 15. Anyone else?

I have firmed March 15 as well for Riverside! Looking forward to starting but not the long wait.......
Reply 166
Original post by Beales21
I have firmed March 15 as well for Riverside! Looking forward to starting but not the long wait.......

Yay! Someone else !

Im really looking forward to it but yes, the wait is going to be painful.

Did you apply anywhere else? Are you local to Chester?
Reply 167
I can see myself at hull. It's smaller which I like. But as sheffields known to be better will it affect jobs afterwards. Would they pick someone who went to Sheffield over hull??

They shouldn't judge you on which uni you went to I don't think, aslong as you get the grades then what should it matter? Its honestly your choice, go with your heart.
Reply 168
Original post by emma81x
Yay! Someone else !

Im really looking forward to it but yes, the wait is going to be painful.

Did you apply anywhere else? Are you local to Chester?

Yes I applied to a few but as I am from Chester I was only ever really going to go there as it makes sense. The plan was to start September until they changed the the campus to Warrington :frown:

I am 28 so not a school leaver and working until next year! Counting down the months!! Are you local or moving to Chester?
Reply 169
Original post by Beales21
Yes I applied to a few but as I am from Chester I was only ever really going to go there as it makes sense. The plan was to start September until they changed the the campus to Warrington :frown:

I am 28 so not a school leaver and working until next year! Counting down the months!! Are you local or moving to Chester?

Yeah, I had an offer to start at Bangor this Sept but I turned it down over Chester. I was playing with the idea of Warrington but it doesn't make sense really because I live in Chester too. I'm desperate to finish my job though....I can't stand the thought of stating here until next March.

I'm 32 (33 when I start) so I'm even less of a school leaver. Lol I've also been out of education for almost 5 years so this will be a shock to the system!
Reply 170
Hello, this is a question to do with the field more than anything else. Does child and adolescent mental health fall under mental health nursing or children's nursing?
Original post by tedbunny
Hello, this is a question to do with the field more than anything else. Does child and adolescent mental health fall under mental health nursing or children's nursing?

Hi, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) falls under Mental Health nursing :smile:
Reply 172
Original post by sophiemarie
Hi, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) falls under Mental Health nursing :smile:

Thank you! Was just wondering as I'm reading a book on Conduct Disorder and twigged onto the overlap with the different branches. That's fantastic though! :biggrin:
Reply 173
Has anyone heard back from edgehill for mental health yet?
Original post by emma81x
Yeah, I had an offer to start at Bangor this Sept but I turned it down over Chester. I was playing with the idea of Warrington but it doesn't make sense really because I live in Chester too. I'm desperate to finish my job though....I can't stand the thought of stating here until next March.

I'm 32 (33 when I start) so I'm even less of a school leaver. Lol I've also been out of education for almost 5 years so this will be a shock to the system!

Sounds like I am in the same position as you as I was out of education for 7 years before doing the Access course this year. I was actually going to start at john Moores as I really liked it there, but it came down to it, being based at a uni I can walk to won and now I have firmed I know it is the right decision. I too just want to finish my job!

Hopefully the year will go quickly and we will soon be in Chester on our first day. If I was finishing school and going travelling it wouldn't be such a bad thing!
Original post by LucieSophia_
DMU is also my first choice! And if I get an offer from BCU it will be my insurance! haha! I guess you'll be my future classmate! :biggrin:

Sorry for the late reply!

Have you booked your accommodation yet? I'm at Waterway Gardens :smile:
Original post by Loulabelle1993
Sorry for the late reply!

Have you booked your accommodation yet? I'm at Waterway Gardens :smile:

Don't worry about it! I just booked my accommodation a few hours ago, I'm also in Waterway Gardens :smile:
Reply 177
Ive finally got all my offers back and choosen uclan now im struggling to find anyone in the sefton area who be willing to car share is there anyone on here from sefton area going to uclan ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 178

I shouldn't think so. If you would enjoy life more at Hull you will get more out of your course and that will be reflected both in how well you do in your studies and and placement, and in any social and extra-curricular activities. I was offered a choice between Cardiff and UWE and I chose UWE knowing that Cardiff has a very good reputation because UWE made me feel very welcome and were very supportive when I mentioned my own mental health experiences.

As someone who has previously been to university and was very unhappy there, which resulted in me not getting my degree, I would suggest that you go to whichever university you feel would make you more comfortable.
Hi, I have an interview at UWE for mental health nursing in a few days, does anyone have any advice? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending