The Student Room Group

Is the world becoming too westernized

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sammy Lanka
Use your brain. I talking about diet and lack of activity

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm using my brain - I'm still finding it hard to see where football tops and nike trainers lead to lack of activity and malnourishment...

Do you even know what you're trying to say?
Reply 21
Original post by aWildPidgey
In pretty much any category you compare developed western countries to eastern eastern ones the west is better

Respect, happiness, health all of which are better in "undeveloped" countries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by pmc:producer
I'm using my brain - I'm still finding it hard to see where football tops and nike trainers lead to lack of activity and malnourishment...

Do you even know what you're trying to say?

Read my posts. I was not talking about health in regards to clothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by chignesh10
sri lanka cricekt

What about it. Other than being the best cricket nation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Read my posts. I was not talking about health in regards to clothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

"So we have all seen it on tv. I kid in a middle eastern street wearing a Man U tshirt or some flash nikes. All over the world culture is being lost due to things like this. Traditional dress, food and entertainment is being lost.

I personally think this is extremely damaging to the world."

What the hell are you talking about then? In fact, better yet - don't tell me. How the hell can anyone enter in to a serious debate/share opinions with someone so mixed up in their own points/views? I'm out :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by pmc:producer
"So we have all seen it on tv. I kid in a middle eastern street wearing a Man U tshirt or some flash nikes. All over the world culture is being lost due to things like this. Traditional dress, food and entertainment is being lost.

I personally think this is extremely damaging to the world."

What the hell are you talking about then? In fact, better yet - don't tell me. How the hell can anyone enter in to a serious debate/share opinions with someone so mixed up in their own points/views? I'm out :smile:

I referred to health issues in a later post. You just can't be bothered to find it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Respect, happiness, health all of which are better in "undeveloped" countries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm... no they're not? Of course it's difficult to make wide ranging judgments, but in general health and human rights are far better better in Westernised, developed nations.
Reply 27
Original post by Steevee
Umm... no they're not? Of course it's difficult to make wide ranging judgments, but in general health and human rights are far better better in Westernised, developed nations.

Obesity is at an all time high in the western world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I am not making blind comments btw. I have lived for two months in a small Sri Lankan community and can honestly say that the quality of life was a million times better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Culture isn't being lost or forgotten, it's just like everything else; it evolves.
I referred to health issues in a later post. You just can't be bothered to find it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't interested in later posts - I was interested in why you said people in these countries were wearing football tops and Nike shoes, then went on in the very next sentence to say that you though this was damaging.

I didn't realise your posts would be written in code and would include sequels. :teehee:
Reply 31
Actually I talked about loss of dress food and entertainment. Then said that all these are damaging

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Obesity is at an all time high in the western world

Posted from TSR Mobile

And the life expectancy in Sri Lanka is 5 years less than in the UK and the infant mortality is double what it is in the UK. Does that seem healthier?
Reply 33
Original post by Steevee
And the life expectancy in Sri Lanka is 5 years less than in the UK and the infant mortality is double what it is in the UK. Does that seem healthier?

Life is shorter but while they are alive health is better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not making blind comments btw. I have lived for two months in a small Sri Lankan community and can honestly say that the quality of life was a million times better

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want to add value to this pitiful attempt of a thread, tell us why you feel this way. How is the quality of life better?
Reply 35
Life is shorter but while they are alive health is better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you trolling?
Reply 36
Original post by Extremotroph
If you want to add value to this pitiful attempt of a thread, tell us why you feel this way. How is the quality of life better?

There was far more respect for each other. Crime was virtually no existent. Everyone depended on each other and therefore there was an incredibly strong sense of community. Above all everyone was happy. They constantly smiled and never complained. They were generous and went out of their way to help others.

Exactly the opposite of what we have here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by Steevee
Are you trolling?

Absolutely not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
So we have all seen it on tv. I kid in a middle eastern street wearing a Man U tshirt or some flash nikes. All over the world culture is being lost due to things like this. Traditional dress, food and entertainment is being lost.

I personally think this is extremely damaging to the world.

What do people think of this

Posted from TSR Mobile

When your current traditions were established they replaced the traditions of the time which in turn had also replaced the traditions before theirs and so on.
Reply 39
Ok a specific example.

How is a macdonalds in India beneficial. It is unhealthy.

P.s traditional curry is delicious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because something is delicious it does not mean that it is healthy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending