The Student Room Group

Are Student Finance deliberately trying ruin my application?

I've received my offer for finance today, and despite several trips to the post office, SF are saying to me they still haven't received any evidence of financial income from me, and therefore I will only be entitled to the basic loan: a maintenance loan of £3575 for the entire year. And that's it. Not even enough to cover my rent. What I am truly entitled to is the full amount, as my mother is a Single parent, and our household income is below £25,000. I have some savings to take with me, but bearing in mind the cost of living, I would either starve, or fail to pay my rent. I'm at a loss what to do. The incompetence of the Student Finance people may ruin my chances of going to Uni this year, and I've very recently quit my job too. So SF have really f**ked my year up. Is there any advice anybody could offer me, to help speed up the process?
Reply 1
First things first; have you sent the evidence in?
Reply 2
@Madders Yes I sent the evidence in back in May, and again in July as they said they still hadn't received enough
Reply 3
Original post by hemmings_92
@Madders Yes I sent the evidence in back in May, and again in July as they said they still hadn't received enough

I had a similar situation, was told I sent the wrong documents and it still hasn't been resolved. Get on the phone with them ASAP, you will most likely be talking to someone clueless but I have now got it sorted at least!
Reply 4
Original post by Mouth
I had a similar situation, was told I sent the wrong documents and it still hasn't been resolved. Get on the phone with them ASAP, you will most likely be talking to someone clueless but I have now got it sorted at least!

I have been on the telephone to these guys pal, several times in the last few days. I spent a total of 50 minutes on the phone to these clueless idiots yesterday, and still nothing has been resolved

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending