The Student Room Group

When does track update?

I got the grades for my firm but decided to go through clearing for another course, so rang up the uni I wanted to apply to, they gave me a 'verbal' offer. Now on track since the morning it shows I am in clearing, when does the new uni and course show up?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by J.22
I got the grades for my firm but decided to go through clearing for another course, so rang up the uni I wanted to apply to, they gave me a 'verbal' offer. Now on track since the morning it shows I am in clearing, when does the new uni and course show up?

Thanks.

Your new University can't go ahead with confirming your offer on UCAS until you have sent them your Clearing number. Have you done this?
Reply 2
Original post by Craghyrax
Your new University can't go ahead with confirming your offer on UCAS until you have sent them your Clearing number. Have you done this?

Similar situation. I don't want to go to my firm so I contacted another uni asking to get in through adjustment. They have given me a verbal and email offer, but they said they can't do anything till i'm released from my firm. This shouldn't be the case, but w/e. My firm says they have released me. How long till I can apply to my newly chosen uni through clearing (as they didn't know how to use adjustment)?

Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by Economi
Similar situation. I don't want to go to my firm so I contacted another uni asking to get in through adjustment. They have given me a verbal and email offer, but they said they can't do anything till i'm released from my firm. This shouldn't be the case, but w/e. My firm says they have released me. How long till I can apply to my newly chosen uni through clearing (as they didn't know how to use adjustment)?

Thanks.

Go back to your Uni and tell them that they are the ones who have to put it through on track. It is their responsibility. If the person you spoke to doesn't know how to use Adjustment, you need to be firm with them and ask that person to consult with his or her colleagues until they find someone in the office who knows what to do.

Just remember... as soon as this happens, you will lose your firm place (most likely) irretrievably. So only go ahead if you're very sure :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies.
I have been released by my firm and the new uni then gave me a verbal offer but I haven't given them my clearing number?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
I gave them my e-mail address but not had anything and was told they would double check everything at around 5PM?
Reply 6
Original post by J.22
Thanks for the replies.
I have been released by my firm and the new uni then gave me a verbal offer but I haven't given them my clearing number?

Well you need to do that ASAP.

Yes they will update all the UCAS info at around 5, but you still need to make sure that they have your Clearing number.
Reply 7
All sorted, rang the uni up and it turns out the offer wasn't noted on their system :confused: so had to give them the details again and the clearing number.

And was told to refer myself to them after 5 through track, does anyone know how exactly to do this?
Thanks
Reply 8
Original post by J.22
All sorted, rang the uni up and it turns out the offer wasn't noted on their system :confused: so had to give them the details again and the clearing number.

And was told to refer myself to them after 5 through track, does anyone know how exactly to do this?
Thanks

At 5 (or thereabouts) the display on your UCAS Track page will change. When it does it will be clear what you need to do. So wait till then, and if you're still confused call them up once more.
Reply 9
Original post by Craghyrax
At 5 (or thereabouts) the display on your UCAS Track page will change. When it does it will be clear what you need to do. So wait till then, and if you're still confused call them up once more.

Thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending