The Student Room Group

Medicine in Prague

Was looking at applying for Medicine in Charles University and Palacky Universty in Prague for Sep 2014 entry and was wondering in anyone on TSR has took this route? If so did you do it through an organisation like CMUCAS or readmedicine? And how was your overall experience?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Can I ask why you don't want to study here?
Original post by Hades_M
Was looking at applying for Medicine in Charles University and Palacky Universty in Prague for Sep 2014 entry and was wondering in anyone on TSR has took this route? If so did you do it through an organisation like CMUCAS or readmedicine? And how was your overall experience?

Thanks

i did the entrance exam a couple of months back but didnt make it, missed out by a few points. two of my family friends go there, one just graduated from charles last year and how hes a junior doctor at kings college hospital! he said its very tough there but was worth it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ibbyb94
i did the entrance exam a couple of months back but didnt make it, missed out by a few points. two of my family friends go there, one just graduated from charles last year and how hes a junior doctor at kings college hospital! he said its very tough there but was worth it :smile:

Did you apply through the university or an organisation/agency?
Reply 4
Original post by Hippokrates

Less competition I guess. :s-smilie:
Original post by Hades_M
Did you apply through the university or an organisation/agency?

through the university
Original post by SiMan
Less competition I guess. :s-smilie:

You're braver than me I could never do it
Reply 7

Are you just trying to rub it in everyone's face or what? Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't you posted this message on other threads about Prague?
Original post by ukmed108
Are you just trying to rub it in everyone's face or what? Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't you posted this message on other threads about Prague?

I don't remember anything like that or even posting on a prague thread before. What do I have to rub in? I'm just saying wouldn't be brave enough to move abroad, especially to a non English speaking country. I'm calling myself not anybody else.
Reply 9
I don't remember anything like that or even posting on a prague thread before. What do I have to rub in? I'm just saying wouldn't be brave enough to move abroad, especially to a non English speaking country. I'm calling myself not anybody else.

I quoted the wrong point, i actually meant to quote the point where you asked: "why don't you want to study here".
Reply 10

What does it matter?

Also OP was asking for specific advice, not explain her choices to a total stranger :rolleyes:
Reply 11

A lot of people in Prague speak English, it's an amazing city to live in as a student (especially if you like beer, the Czech make excellent beer), and unlike many other capitals, it is not that expensive.
Original post by danny111
A lot of people in Prague speak English, it's an amazing city to live in as a student (especially if you like beer, the Czech make excellent beer), and unlike many other capitals, it is not that expensive.

It's more being so far away to be honest I have a twin sister so moving away would always be harder for me.
Reply 13
I'll be studying there come September :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

haha.. I'm not applying there. I'm gonna try in the UK first going abroad comes later. But Charles uni is actually more of an international institute in which many students all over the world can apply, and all they really have is a BMAT type test and an interview, so less emphasis on current qualifications as far as I think. My cousin, who is now 34 (Ithink) is in his final year. Also it's English taught and you'll find a lot of English speakers for that reason for about 2/3mile radius.

But yh. I'm also afraid to go in a foreign country and study a 5 year course. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by swahmad
I'll be studying there come September :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sent you a PM, :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Hades_M

Thanks

Just so you know Prague is an amazing place and I saw some of the Charles University buildings (which are all over the city) and it also looks great.
Reply 17
hey guys, i'm gonna sit the entrance exam for palacky on saturday and have a few questions. In the maths section ( i haven't done physics since gcse) is there any calculus involved? secondly what type of questions do they ask in the interview? i'd really appreciate it if anyone could reply
Reply 18
Original post by maazmania
hey guys, i'm gonna sit the entrance exam for palacky on saturday and have a few questions. In the maths section ( i haven't done physics since gcse) is there any calculus involved? secondly what type of questions do they ask in the interview? i'd really appreciate it if anyone could reply

Nope. There's 5 questions and the maths itself is quite easy, but the question itself is quite hard. You have to think about logically.

They ask you simple questions: why medicine, why palacky, what do you know about palacky?
Reply 19
Original post by swahmad
Nope. There's 5 questions and the maths itself is quite easy, but the question itself is quite hard. You have to think about logically.

They ask you simple questions: why medicine, why palacky, what do you know about palacky?

ahhh ok, what kinda stuff would they expect me to know about palacky? do they mean stuff like knowing about their course structure or factual stuff about the university? btw thank you very much for replying as you've probably just saved me a lot of revision on calculus!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending