The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LibbyG
I have to stay overnight for my interview, anyone got any suggestions of nearby travel lodge/premier inns etc.?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stayed at the Ibis which is like a 5/10 minute drive from the medical school; it was like £30 for the night; £4.95 for breakfast per person (buffet) and also had free wifi!
I haven't even heard from the university yet since their confirmation of receiving my application...does that mean I'm rejected or something?
Reply 382
Original post by unknownone
I stayed at the Ibis which is like a 5/10 minute drive from the medical school; it was like £30 for the night; £4.95 for breakfast per person (buffet) and also had free wifi!

Thanks! I'll have a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Are we provided with food/lunch over there or are we meant to bring our own?
Reply 384
Original post by Kabatas

You can go to the canteen :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Anyone on here who had their interview Tuesday in the 11:30 slot?
Reply 386
Are the interviews a full 6 mins or is there extra reading time?
Reply 387
Original post by mli26
Are the interviews a full 6 mins or is there extra reading time?

2 mins reading prior to each station

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CvariableERIO
I haven't even heard from the university yet since their confirmation of receiving my application...does that mean I'm rejected or something?

You're not rejected until you're told you've been rejected via UCAS/by an email from them, don't worry! There's still lots of time :smile:

Original post by Kabatas

The canteen is open :smile: I was so hungry after my interview! haha
Reply 389
Hi all, just wondering if anyone who has applied to the grad course has had an interview invite yet?
And does anyone know if they interview later for the 4 year than the 5 year? If you can't tell, I am starting to get a wee bit stressed:smile:
Reply 390
Yeah me, someone said we may not have interviews until jan with offers maybe mid dec or later.
Reply 391
when will they reject us (ive had interview on 22nd nov)
Reply 392
Original post by ocelot92
when will they reject us (ive had interview on 22nd nov)

A bit of positivity would be nice hey? :wink: Apparently, for the first lot of interviewees, some people will hear back before Christmas earliest, whilst others will have the decision put on hold until all the interviews are done (I think March). How did you find the interview?
Reply 393
Anyone else having their interview next week?
Reply 394
Original post by DrumChops
Anyone else having their interview next week?

Yes on Thursday :smile: so scared!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 395
Original post by LibbyG
Yes on Thursday :smile: so scared!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, everyone's really nice at Birmingham, Dr Austen Spruce will set you right on the day :smile:
(good luck though!)
Reply 396
Is Birmingham still giving out interviews?
Got mine on Monday! So scared about the diff stations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who has had their interview provide me with any guidance on what to prepare for? Not asking for what they asked but just

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who has had their interview provide me with any guidance on what to prepare for? Not asking for what they asked but just what I should be aware of etc?
I understand if you can't 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending