The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by m.o.a.
Um since like last weekend but i gave the hint that im not giving anything away

Any information he's been able to get wont help him anyway, my friend had her interview last week and her questions were completely different to mine. I think Birmingham have a bank of questions that they can use each week for this very reason.:wink:
Reply 981
i'm so nervous now! mine is on the 25th of feb! i'm really hoping i'll get an offer here my others don't seem to hopeful! can anyone tell me the difficulty level of the maths in the data section, i know that you guys dont want to give anything away so thankyou:smile:
Reply 982
Original post by amyb96
i'm so nervous now! mine is on the 25th of feb! i'm really hoping i'll get an offer here my others don't seem to hopeful! can anyone tell me the difficulty level of the maths in the data section, i know that you guys dont want to give anything away so thankyou:smile:

I had my interview today, and it's not maths, but as the station suggests it's data interpretation, so I wouldn't worry if you haven't done maths A-level because it's not really like that :smile: so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 983
Original post by 0612
Any information he's been able to get wont help him anyway, my friend had her interview last week and her questions were completely different to mine. I think Birmingham have a bank of questions that they can use each week for this very reason.:wink:

But my ethics was the same as urs wasnt it?:\ mine was last week 2.
Reply 984
Original post by jared777
I had my interview today, and it's not maths, but as the station suggests it's data interpretation, so I wouldn't worry if you haven't done maths A-level because it's not really like that :smile: so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh really! i hope it went well for you! i did maths a level i'm just not very quick with my mental maths hahaha! thanks and good luck!
Reply 985
Original post by m.o.a.
But my ethics was the same as urs wasnt it?:\ mine was last week 2.

I don't know what your ethics station was?!? I had my interview yesterday 19th.
Reply 986
Original post by 0612
I don't know what your ethics station was?!? I had my interview yesterday 19th.

Wooops i thought u were someone i inboxed abt their interview & they had their interview recently. I ll pm u
Reply 987
Original post by amyb96
oh really! i hope it went well for you! i did maths a level i'm just not very quick with my mental maths hahaha! thanks and good luck!

No, it's really not too bad :smile: and thanks, good luck to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 988
Original post by amyb96

Don't worry, just relax and you'll be fine on data interpretation - if you panic you won't be able to think straight. I'm doing a tour on that day, so might see you, haha! (I'm first year medic, I pop in to answer questions, just to clarify) :smile:
Reply 989
Original post by Zaphod77
Don't worry, just relax and you'll be fine on data interpretation - if you panic you won't be able to think straight. I'm doing a tour on that day, so might see you, haha! (I'm first year medic, I pop in to answer questions, just to clarify) :smile:

haha i will try my hardest! my interview is in the afternoon! how is your first year going? :smile:
Reply 990
Just had my interview, the interviewers were really friendly and i was happy with most of the stations but i completely messed up on one of them :eek:
Reply 991
Original post by izzaha
Just had my interview, the interviewers were really friendly and i was happy with most of the stations but i completely messed up on one of them :eek:

I had one total disaster too IMO but still got an offer so chin up! If you thought the rest went well I'd say you'll still be in with a good shout:-) Good luck!
I had my interview a few days ago, I was content with 5/6 of the stations but I felt I really messed up one of the stations 😂

Data interpretation was not too bad I thought, much easier than I thought it would have been

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
just wondering how much preparation did everyone do before the interview and what kind of things have you been doing to prepare:smile:
Reply 994
Original post by lxm177
I had one total disaster too IMO but still got an offer so chin up! If you thought the rest went well I'd say you'll still be in with a good shout:-) Good luck!

thank you, that's a relief, i hope i still have a chance
Reply 995

How was your interview at Birmingham yesterday?
Reply 996
What time is the last interview and how long does each interview last? I don't know what time to book my return ticket for. (I'll be registering at Birmingham at 12pm)
Reply 997
Original post by chi80
What time is the last interview and how long does each interview last? I don't know what time to book my return ticket for. (I'll be registering at Birmingham at 12pm)

On the interview day we registered at 12pm but were given different times mine was 3pm, and told the interviews end at 5pm. The interview itself lasts around 50 minutes so you don't really know what time your interview is until you get there and register first.
Reply 998
Original post by amyb96
haha i will try my hardest! my interview is in the afternoon! how is your first year going? :smile:

Ah, mine was in the afternoon last year, make sure you get a good breakfast in the morning - it's always a good thing, because chances are you might not feel like eating by the time it's lunchtime! First year's really good, lots of work but so much fun, I love it :biggrin: I have a fresher's blog on here if you want more details, but basically Birmingham's awesome :smile:
Reply 999
Could you add the link to your fresher blog please, I would like to read it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending