The Student Room Group

Honest opinion of my tattoo?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by kt-nguyen
Tribal sleeves are a good look! Are you going to build up to it? Or do it in one go?

Posted with TSR Mobile
[Tips for applying to dental school]

Build up to it.. That way I always have a new tattoo to look forward too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Campbell167
Why would I ask a load of randomers for permission to get a tattoo? I'm not asking for your opinions because I think it's a bit plain at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not about permission, doofus. It's about the fact that you've already got the tattoo and the opinions of a bunch of randomers won't change that, but it might change your opinion of it if everyone is hating on it and telling you it looks like the symbol of the SS.

You got it cos you liked it, why are you asking a bunch of strangers whether they like it if you don't need their acceptance of it? If people give you negative feedback, are you really saying you wouldn't care? Because you wouldn't make a thread asking for what other people think if you didn't care what other people think. I just think it's silly to ask people what they think AFTER you've had it done because you're inviting people to slag off something that is permanently inked on you (and people have slagged it off and you have probably read those comments).

It doesn't make a difference what people think now you've had it done. The only difference it will make is a change to how you think about it.

Really, I'm looking out for your self-esteem. You're welcome.
I don't think asking people for honest opinions on a image you've permanently inked to yourself is a good idea.

It's best you ask for opinions beforehand if you're insecure about getting a certain tattoo.

Opinion: I'm not fond of it but I'm not too fond of tattoos in general. It looks like the SS emblem (whether intentional or not).
(edited 10 years ago)
It looks like the SS logo.

For your own safety you should get another one next to / on top in order to make it less SS like or cover your forearm when not at Klan meetings :wink:

But seriously did no tell you it would make you look like a Neo-Nazi, maybe do some more research next time?
Dude, it looks like the SS logo...
Reply 65
3/10 from me.

If you're gonna get something tattooed on your arm, make it artistic/interesting. That is neither.
It looks pointless and simple, in a bad way. I don't like tattoos at the best of times so maybe it's just me but it looks like you just accidentally picked an SS sign from a tattoo studio wall and got it way too large on your arm. Sorry, personally I wouldn't recommend the tribal thing either, tacky and very 90s. Use the money you would spend on a tribal sleeve to get that one removed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by kt-nguyen
Depends where we're going?

Posted with TSR Mobile
[Tips for applying to dental school]

ummm I have 2 for 1 vouchers to legoland.
Reply 68
I don't like it, sorry OP.
Reply 69
Original post by willbee
It's not about permission, doofus. It's about the fact that you've already got the tattoo and the opinions of a bunch of randomers won't change that, but it might change your opinion of it if everyone is hating on it and telling you it looks like the symbol of the SS.

You got it cos you liked it, why are you asking a bunch of strangers whether they like it if you don't need their acceptance of it? If people give you negative feedback, are you really saying you wouldn't care? Because you wouldn't make a thread asking for what other people think if you didn't care what other people think. I just think it's silly to ask people what they think AFTER you've had it done because you're inviting people to slag off something that is permanently inked on you (and people have slagged it off and you have probably read those comments).

It doesn't make a difference what people think now you've had it done. The only difference it will make is a change to how you think about it.

Really, I'm looking out for your self-esteem. You're welcome.

If you read my other posts I'm not leaving it as it is 'Doofus'.

I asked the question because I wanted to know if others agree its too simple and I should add to it.
It's not like I wasn't expecting negative feedback, I just wanted to know, those who don't like it, what they think I could change or add

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Just so you all know instead of repeating yourself you bunch of parrots. It is not finished! I will be adding more detail, then building around it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd suggest a different tattoo artist for your expansion of it. Trying to put aside my general dislike of all things tribal and meaningless (unless you're actually some kind of polynesian warrior) it doesn't look very well done. While it's good that you're doing more to it rather than leaving it as is, if your artist did such a simple design so badly, I'd be very wary of letting him do anything else.

I'd go elsewhere, even if it means a 6 month wait to see a really decent artist.
Reply 72
Original post by SoftPunch
Is it even on your arm???

Hmm...
What do you think. Be 100% honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just looking at the line work...it looks a bit wobbly. It might just be the photo, does the outline look smooth to you? If not, you might want to consider going to a different artist.
Reply 74
What do you think. Be 100% honest ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377820356.060268.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

looks chavvy and childish
Reply 75
Just so you all know instead of repeating yourself you bunch of parrots. It is not finished! I will be adding more detail, then building around it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should edit your original post so people can read this in the first place. This isn't a debate thread which is going to inspire people to read through all the posts, the only person interested in reading most of the posts will be you. Everyone else will scroll down to the reply box and state their opinion.

If you make it clear in your first post that it's a work in progress, you'll get much more constructive answers. Otherwise it's just "Do you like my tattoo?" and you'll get simple yes or no answers.
First impression would be the person has some growing up to do. But maybe that's just me.. :dontknow:
Reply 77
It's really big for such a simple design. When I first saw it, it made me think of the drawings we used to do on our arms in class rooms when we got bored.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It looks ****. And it's in the wrong place.
Reply 79
First thing that came to mind was 'Why ask a bunch of people online what they think of a tattoo, when you've already had it done..?' It's not like you can do anything about it now. And why are you bothered what we think anyway? If you wanted it & you like it, then who cares?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest