The Student Room Group

Are GCSE's important for investment banks?

Hi

Ive heard of investment banks having UCAS filters I.e (320 UCAS points) but what about GCSE's?

I have pathetic GCSE's. All B's, A* maths and C in english.

My A levels are up to scratch, I achieved AAA, but will my GCSE's hold me back when applying for spring weeks and internships?

Im especially worried about that C in english, should I just leave out my GCSE'S from my CV or are they irrelevent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShadowFax895
Hi

Ive heard of investment banks having UCAS filters I.e (320 UCAS points) but what about GCSE's?

I have pathetic GCSE's. All B's, A* maths and C in english.

My A levels are up to scratch, I achieved AAA, but will my GCSE's hold me back when applying for spring weeks and internships?

Im especially worried about that C in english, should I just leave out my GCSE'S from my CV or are they irrelevent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you should leave your GCSEs out because that may appear as though you are trying to hide them. And, for all you know, they could turn around and ask you for them anyway.

I think that the fact that you have AAA at A-level will override the GCSE results.

Which subjects were your A-levels in?
You don't generally put your full list of GCSEs on your CV, you just say "x GCSEs from grade x to x" - you might sometimes put your grades in English and Maths at the most. That's for the vast majority of jobs anyway and I'd assume that it'll be the same for IB. They will definitely use a UCAS filter but you're well above that. Hopefully somebody who is more knowledgeable regarding IB can say for certain.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending