Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Alex-Torres
I got BBC in the subjects I am taking forward, predicted AAB, does this mean I wong be given an offer because they ask for ABB?
My personal statement is quite good.

There's still every chance they'll give you an offer. What subjects are you taking at A2 and what extra curricular things have you done?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by SP10
There's still every chance they'll give you an offer. What subjects are you taking at A2 and what extra curricular things have you done?

Im taking Economics, Geography and Mathematics...
Reply 42
Im taking Economics, Geography and Mathematics...

Oh ok, they're good subjects. I'm taking Maths, Economics, and Biology. What extra curricular stuff do you have that you mentioned in your application?
Original post by SP10
Oh ok, they're good subjects. I'm taking Maths, Economics, and Biology. What extra curricular stuff do you have that you mentioned in your application?

Related to my subject or as in sports/work experience?
Reply 44
I'd like to do Architecture
Reply 45
Related to my subject or as in sports/work experience?

Related to your subject and maybe your work experience if relevant
Original post by SP10
Related to your subject and maybe your work experience if relevant

Deleted
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SP10
I think they'll still give you a chance and examine your application. What are you applying for?

Drama and English, D for the former, C for the latter; pretty scared tbh. Neither was a matter of my ability though. Drama I was a bit arrogant about tbh and half of my English was good but the other half... Not so much :colondollar:
Reply 48
Original post by EllieC130
Drama and English, D for the former, C for the latter; pretty scared tbh. Neither was a matter of my ability though. Drama I was a bit arrogant about tbh and half of my English was good but the other half... Not so much :colondollar:

The percentage of applicant receiving offers for that is 94% at Kent so there's a high probability you'll get the offer :smile:. If you make yourself stand out with your personal statement then I think you'll get the offer.
Reply 49
Thats pretty good stuff! Most people I know just talk about freakonomics and the undercover economist haha :tongue:
Hopefully we get offers! What other unis are you applying to? 78% of applicants receive offers, so not too competitive.

Ps I've deleted the contents of my above post, so people dont steal my ideas, you might want to do the same :tongue:

Deleted it. Also can you delete your most recent post please because you can still see the content of my post in it, thanks. I've also applied to Surrey, UEA, Leicester, and Swansea.

You?
Original post by SP10
Deleted it. Also can you delete your most recent post please because you can still see the content of my post in it, thanks. I've also applied to Surrey, UEA, Leicester, and Swansea.

You?

Im applying to similar unis:
Nottingham Industrial Econ
surrey - finance and econ
Cardiff - econ
Kent - financial econ
Swansea - financial econ
Original post by SP10
The percentage of applicant receiving offers for that is 94% at Kent so there's a high probability you'll get the offer :smile:. If you make yourself stand out with your personal statement then I think you'll get the offer.

Well I've been told I'm not a bad writer so fingers crossed! What are you applying for?
Reply 52
Im applying to similar unis:
Nottingham Industrial Econ
surrey - finance and econ
Cardiff - econ
Kent - financial econ
Swansea - financial econ

Good luck with getting the offers. I applied for Financial Economics at Kent, Leicester, and Swansea, Economics and Finance at Surrey, and just Economics at UEA.
Original post by TheMoho
I'd like to do Architecture

Same here! Have you visited? I can't because it's so far from where I live :frown:
Reply 54
Well I've been told I'm not a bad writer so fingers crossed! What are you applying for?

Yeah, good luck! I'm applying for financial economics
Reply 55
Original post by Archengsculp
Same here! Have you visited? I can't because it's so far from where I live :frown:

Yes I have indeed! And I was very impressed.
The Canterbury campus was a 15 minute walk from the Canterbury West train station, and had a clearly signed lovely footpath with nature surrounding it. The campus has everything on it. Banks, Cafes, gyms, theatres, all the different departments. It's all there!
The Architecture building is only two floors but the studios and the workshop are very impressive and spacious. Also, very very high-tech equipment :smile:
They have this new 'Crit space' building for the architecture, and it basically has this awesome clean brand new room with round tables and like, 8 huge touch screens on the walls surrounding the room. Geared with cool new simulation software, Googlemaps and some 3D programmes, it's basically the ideal tool to present your ideas with total convenience and get critique for your work. They regularly have meetings in this crit space and students from other places also come to visit.
The award-winning outer facade of the building has this cool design where the wind creates waves on it. I'm sorry if I can't describe it clearly, but yeah just look on their website if you wanna know what I'm talking about.

Overall canterbury seemed like a nice clean quiet area but I didn't get to visit the town centre unfortunately.
Reply 56
I was thinking about applying to Kent for Biology.
I only got BBBC at AS, and am predicted AAB. Do they often let people in with BBB?
Also do they interview before giving out offers?
Original post by Liberty.
I was thinking about applying to Kent for Biology.
I only got BBBC at AS, and am predicted AAB. Do they often let people in with BBB?
Also do they interview before giving out offers?

I've been worried about the same thing. Someone advised me that if you call up AS SOON as you get your grades then they're more likely to offer you a place even if you are slightly below.
Reply 58
I've been worried about the same thing. Someone advised me that if you call up AS SOON as you get your grades then they're more likely to offer you a place even if you are slightly below.

I heard universities only do that if you have an unconditional offer or something :confused:
Original post by Liberty.
I heard universities only do that if you have an unconditional offer or something :confused:

They have spaces for classes. If they aren't all filled by people who have achieved the grade boundries they'll give them to the people who have gotten closest to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending