The Student Room Group

Aeronautical Engineering applying help

So, I want to apply for Aeronautics at Bristol, Surrey, Queen Mary's, Sheffield and Leicester.
Bristol want an A* and 2A's, where as the rest want 3As, except Leicester which is 2As and a B.
In my AS levels I got:

Maths - A

Physics - A

Economics with Business - B

Product Design - D

And my predictions at A2 are:

Maths - A

Physics - A

Economics and Business - B

I just wanted to know if I will anyone knows if I can still get offers, or if anyone was in the same position as me before and what happened to them as such.
Thanks, all help is appreciated.
Reply 1
Are you a scraped B, a safe B or on the cusp of an A for your economics?

In your position have a speculative shot at an A*AA, why not but don't use more than one slot.

Also I'd personally go
2x AAA
2x AAB/ABB

I think you should have at least 2 relatively safe choices.
Reply 2
Original post by Folion
Are you a scraped B, a safe B or on the cusp of an A for your economics?

In your position have a speculative shot at an A*AA, why not but don't use more than one slot.

Also I'd personally go
2x AAA
2x AAB/ABB

I think you should have at least 2 relatively safe choices.

Well its a safe B, but I'm trying to get predicted an A
Thanks, I wasn't sure about Bristol but I'm gonna use Bristol as my A*AA then, and keep the rest of my choices
Thanks a lot again
Personally I think Bristol is unlikely to give you an offer - they are a leading Uni in Aeronautics and can afford to be very fussy. And if they do it will be A*AA. Do you really feel confident enough of your August grades to hold this as a Firm? If you don't, thenreally is there any point in applying?
Reply 4
Original post by returnmigrant
Personally I think Bristol is unlikely to give you an offer - they are a leading Uni in Aeronautics and can afford to be very fussy. And if they do it will be A*AA. Do you really feel confident enough of your August grades to hold this as a Firm? If you don't, thenreally is there any point in applying?

The thing is, I think I could get A*AA if I really work hard, my problem is getting the offer :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest