The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody who applied for the internship heard anything we were meant to hear today ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 781
Offered Glasgow today!! Was prepared for a rejection - the wait isn't good for anyone's nerves!

All the best to those still to hear, and thanks to all previous posters for info & encouragement along the way.
Reply 782
Portsmouth! : )

(1st choice too!)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by UniStudent100
I would have thought that people who did not succeed just haven't felt like coming to post so I wouldn't worry.

You didn't - my first choice was Portsmouth and I didn't get it (was offered Bristol instead). Still delighted though :smile:.

Portsmouth was technically my second choice, though I think I am actually quite glad I don't have to commute to central London every day!

I guess with the feedback I just felt that my weaknesses outweighed my strengths. Obviously they didn't though, so that's good. :smile:

And from what I understand from previous years, we may well have tutorials together. (2012's Portsmouth and Bristol trainees have them together.)
Original post by tjnortham
Portsmouth! : )

(1st choice too!)

Me too! See you in September!! :smile:
Reply 785
Original post by llama-beans
Me too! See you in September!! :smile:

well done!
Has anyone else yet to receive an email? Feel like I've been waiting forever!
Reply 787
Anyone been offered Liverpool? Also has anyone who attended the Warwick 26th/27th Feb got an offer?
Reply 788
Original post by pinkscorpion1989
This is so stressful! Just want to know either way now. Has anyone had offers for Leeds or Liverpool yet? Has anyone not been offered a place yet? Seems like they will be sending out the rejections at the end :frown:

Congratulations to everyone who got a place :smile:

I just want to know now.

Hey pinkscorpion1989. I've been offered Liverpool, have you heard anything yet? Good luck if not
Reply 789
Original post by qwerty987
Anyone been offered Liverpool? Also has anyone who attended the Warwick 26th/27th Feb got an offer?

Hey qwerty! I attended but I'm still yet to hear! Huge congratulations ! :smile:
Reply 790
I got Belfast, wasn't in my choices but I can't complain. I'm sure it will still be good. Was at the 24/25th AC in Warwick.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 791
Original post by hertha12
Hi Daniel,

I've just had an offer through for Bristol. Absolutely delighted and looking forward to meeting you all in September! Still can't quite believe it.

Best of luck to everyone. I tried to steer clear of this site and the facebook page while I was still waiting and it helped with the nerves.

Pete

Hi Pete

Congratulations on being getting onto the course and I look forward to meeting you in the near future. I started on the course in Sept 2013 (so still relatively early days) and it is challenging but definitely rewarding too. The people here are really nice. There are also a fair amount of other, more experienced, trainees here too and the support with work and studies that they provide is invaluable. If your year is the same as ours then you will presumably have a welcome event sometime in June or July in London and then potentially an informal event in August to see the Bristol office and meet the other trainees.

Dan

PS A really big congratulations to the people who have received offers so far and commiserations to those that haven't been successful. If it helps I applied in 2012 and failed at the ac but my experiences meant that I could come back and perform better the following year. Likewise, if you are someone that is waiting then don't give up as last year the results were slow but people still received offers the following week. Good luck and all the best
Reply 792
anyone who attended the AC at Lincoln 5/6th March had any offers?
Reply 793
Received my rejection email today was kind of expecting it. Must say though the feedback I got was very good and will help for future assessment centres.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucius
That's exactly what I've done as well, though I doubt there is much prospect of the move occurring. I haven't received a confirmation of my acceptance either, but I think I recall from last year's thread that those took a while to come through as well.

I accepted yesterday afternoon and my status online has changed to 'offer accepted''
Anyone else for Cardiff?
Reply 796
Original post by BubbleBlower93
Anyone else for Cardiff?

Hello - I have accepted an offer for Cardiff. I already work for HMRC. Look forward to meeting you in September!
Reply 797
Original post by Sian80
Hello - I have accepted an offer for Cardiff. I already work for HMRC. Look forward to meeting you in September!

Hi Sian, were you at the Warwick Assessment day on the 20th and 21st of Feb by any chance? Blonde lady? I could well be totally wrong!

Pete
Reply 798
Original post by hertha12
Hi Sian, were you at the Warwick Assessment day on the 20th and 21st of Feb by any chance? Blonde lady? I could well be totally wrong!

Pete

Hi Pete!

Yes I was. And congratulations on being offered the position in Bristol!! May see you at the induction :smile:

Sian
Reply 799
Hi Sian,

Ah brilliant! Congratulations to you too :-) So pleased for you!

Yep see you at the induction event.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending