The Student Room Group

Job Interview at McDonalds

So I have a Job Interview at McDonalds tomorrow and I was wondering two questions:

It's an Interview & On Job Evaluation. Has anyone does this before and can give me any advice, I'm actually nervous about it, heh =/

Also, I have a beard right now, because I've had no reason to shave at all these last couple of months. Should I shave? I usually have it in a trimmed goatee, will that be good enough or should I shave it all off?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Gjaykay
So I have a Job Interview at McDonalds tomorrow and I was wondering two questions:

It's an Interview & On Job Evaluation. Has anyone does this before and can give me any advice, I'm actually nervous about it, heh =/

Also, I have a beard right now, because I've had no reason to shave at all these last couple of months. Should I shave? I usually have it in a trimmed goatee, will that be good enough or should I shave it all off?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi,
I work at mcdonalds (have done for 5 1/2 years. Mconalds os only my second job now).
In the interview, they will ask you things like what hours/days/times you can work, what you are doing at college/6th form, what would you do if a customer complained, what qualities can you bring to the job etc etc.
With the on the job evaluation, you will work in an area of the restaurant, most likely on the drive thru window (if the store has a drive thru). The staff/managers will show you what you are meant to be doing, and will help you if needed.
It might be worth shaving off your beard. All stores are different, but i know mine prefer you to be shaved. Whatever the stores policy though, it might be worth shaving it off anyway, just so it looks decent.
Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
Hi,
I work at mcdonalds (have done for 5 1/2 years. Mconalds os only my second job now).
In the interview, they will ask you things like what hours/days/times you can work, what you are doing at college/6th form, what would you do if a customer complained, what qualities can you bring to the job etc etc.
With the on the job evaluation, you will work in an area of the restaurant, most likely on the drive thru window (if the store has a drive thru). The staff/managers will show you what you are meant to be doing, and will help you if needed.
It might be worth shaving off your beard. All stores are different, but i know mine prefer you to be shaved. Whatever the stores policy though, it might be worth shaving it off anyway, just so it looks decent.
Hope this helps.

Ah do you like it there? Do they give you any leeway on the OTJ thingy, considering it'll be the first time I do it?

I personally think I look horrible clean shaven, but I'll shave it off when my shaver recharges (only done one side of my face, I look ridiculous! ><) and if I get the job, just grow my goatee back.
Original post by Gjaykay
Ah do you like it there? Do they give you any leeway on the OTJ thingy, considering it'll be the first time I do it?

I personally think I look horrible clean shaven, but I'll shave it off when my shaver recharges (only done one side of my face, I look ridiculous! ><) and if I get the job, just grow my goatee back.

Yeah, i like it there. The people there are great (all different people of different ages/backgrounds etc), the money is decent (i get paid more an hour there than at my main job as a nursery nurse), the hours/shifts are very flexible.
They give you leeway, as it will be the first time you have ever done it. They wont expect you to be amazing or anything. They just expect you to have a go, and take onboard everything they tell you. Asking questions looks good too.
Yeah, i agree with what you say about your beard. Shave it off for now as it looks decent, but then if you get the job and others at your store have beards then you can always grow it back.
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
Yeah, i like it there. The people there are great (all different people of different ages/backgrounds etc), the money is decent (i get paid more an hour there than at my main job as a nursery nurse), the hours/shifts are very flexible.
They give you leeway, as it will be the first time you have ever done it. They wont expect you to be amazing or anything. They just expect you to have a go, and take onboard everything they tell you. Asking questions looks good too.
Yeah, i agree with what you say about your beard. Shave it off for now as it looks decent, but then if you get the job and others at your store have beards then you can always grow it back.

Thanks for replying to my thread by the by. The interview I felt went well and I've got an OJT on Friday, and hopefully I'll get it :smile:
Reply 5
Bit late

but good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending