The Student Room Group

Which uni is better, Brunel or Queen's Mary for BA History? Please help.

I want to study BA History, but I'm not sure which uni is better for it, Brunel or Queen's Mary?
Reply 1
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
I want to study BA History, but I'm not sure which uni is better for it, Brunel or Queen's Mary?

I graduated from Queen Mary (not sure where you are getting the apostrophe and the extra s from) and would recommend it. The School of History has some exceptional academics, and the module choice is vast.
A bonus that you won't have with Brunel is access to the additional resources that come with being part of the collegiate structure of London University. Access to the LSE, School of Slavonic and Eastern Studies or SOAS may come in handy later in your undergraduate career - not to mention Senate House.
Original post by Michel Ney
I graduated from Queen Mary (not sure where you are getting the apostrophe and the extra s from) and would recommend it. The School of History has some exceptional academics, and the module choice is vast.
A bonus that you won't have with Brunel is access to the additional resources that come with being part of the collegiate structure of London University. Access to the LSE, School of Slavonic and Eastern Studies or SOAS may come in handy later in your undergraduate career - not to mention Senate House.

thanks for the reply. :smile:

what subject did you do?
Reply 3
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
thanks for the reply. :smile:

what subject did you do?

History! :-)
Which course do you prefer? Look carefully at all the optional units available foe each of the 3 years of each course. What optional courses would you choose - and why? Which is the best fit for your personal interests?

[This might sound obvious - but you'd be amazed how many people don't do this. They get to their 'dream Uni' and only then realise that its the course they will be studying for 3 years, not the Uni.]
Original post by Michel Ney
History! :-)

HEy dude I'm currently doing History first year. I was wondering can i ask you some questions about it via PM? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by inspire2aspire
HEy dude I'm currently doing History first year. I was wondering can i ask you some questions about it via PM? :smile:

Sure, fire away!
Original post by returnmigrant
Which course do you prefer? Look carefully at all the optional units available foe each of the 3 years of each course. What optional courses would you choose - and why? Which is the best fit for your personal interests?

[This might sound obvious - but you'd be amazed how many people don't do this. They get to their 'dream Uni' and only then realise that its the course they will be studying for 3 years, not the Uni.]
Great point.
I am guilty of this!Although, Luckily I like my course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending