The Student Room Group

A*BB at the moment, retaking for A*AA, HELP!

So I've currently got A*BBb in English Literature, History, Psychology and Maths (Maths at AS-level).

Found out today that I'm only a few marks off of an A in History and Psychology so I'm going to put down to retake those this upcoming academic summer.

I've taken a gap year and have just started off my UCAS application so I'm not sure entirely how it works. Do I put down my current grades and then predicted? And who's going to predict my grades now? My old school teachers would predict me A's but can they do that now that I'm applying externally?

Should I go for 2 AAA choices, 2 AAB and 1 ABB as a safety? Do you guys know of any specific universities that look down on retakes? Was looking at Loughborough but it says on their website "AAB-AAA normally at the same sitting" - would it be best for me to not apply there then?

Do the universities that you apply for see every single retake you have ever done? I think I've done like 3 or 4 now.

And then I'm struggling like crazy to actually pick the universities. It's very ambiguous exactly how much maths is required in, say, Business Economics in comparison to Business Management.

I think I'll go for Sheffield as my ABB and I'm looking at Nottingham at the moment as another choice but after that I don't know. If anybody knows a lot about Business Management please send me a message would love to chat with someone about it all.

Thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Hastro
So I've currently got A*BBb in English Literature, History, Psychology and Maths (Maths at AS-level).

Found out today that I'm only a few marks off of an A in History and Psychology so I'm going to put down to retake those this upcoming academic summer.

I've taken a gap year and have just started off my UCAS application so I'm not sure entirely how it works. Do I put down my current grades Yes and then predicted? No, that's your referee's job.And who's going to predict my grades now? My old school teachers would predict me A's but can they do that now that I'm applying externally? Yes. It's up to you to find someone who can predict them.

Should I go for 2 AAA choices, 2 AAB and 1 ABB as a safety? I'd go for 1AAA, 2 AAB and 2 ABB, but that's just my opinion. Do you guys know of any specific universities that look down on retakes? Ask them to be sure.

Do the universities that you apply for see every single retake you have ever done? I think I've done like 3 or 4 now. You have to put down every result you have had.

And then I'm struggling like crazy to actually pick the universities. It's very ambiguous exactly how much maths is required in, say, Business Economics in comparison to Business Management. No idea. Not my area.

I think I'll go for Sheffield as my ABB and I'm looking at Nottingham at the moment as another choice but after that I don't know. If anybody knows a lot about Business Management please send me a message would love to chat with someone about it all.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending