The Student Room Group

What are people's current UCAS application situation ?

Scroll to see replies

I'm sending my application tonight and it's getting sent off on Monday. I'm so impatient wanted mine sent off to the unis tonight but my mentor is so annoying :frown:

Applying to UCL Bristol Manchester Birmingham and Durham for BSc Geology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlyHigh_er
I'm sending my application tonight and it's getting sent off on Monday. I'm so impatient wanted mine sent off to the unis tonight but my mentor is so annoying :frown:

Applying to UCL Bristol Manchester Birmingham and Durham for BSc Geology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I know how you feel, I was so excited when I'd completed my application but It hadn't occurred to me that my referee had to write the reference :frown: I sort of assumed that it had already been written :frown: I guess it won't be done till Monday, and then it has to be approved :/
Reply 42
Original post by Wideeyedowls
I'm looking to send off my ucas application tonight but I'm just really worried about my personal statement. I've asked my English Literature teachers to take a look at it but they haven't got back to me yet and I just want to get my application off asap ! I feel as though my personal statement is what I want it to be and it's adequate for the English Literature and Creative Writing course that I want to apply for. The universities i'm applying for are

Newcastle

Northumbria

Aberystwyth

Bath Spa

York St John

Is anyone else applying for these universities ? If so, have any of you sent off your ucas application yet ?

Sent mine on 11th October for English/English and American Literature to
Keele (both courses)
Birmingham (EAL)
Coventry (E)
and JMU (E)
Sent mine yesterday, applied to Durham, Exeter, York, Kent and Liverpool. Have an acknowledgment from Kent so far :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Mine should be getting sent on Monday, applying to Manchester, Man Met, Sheffield, Birmingham and Newcastle.
Reply 45
Does it roughly take a week for your reference to be added?

I'm currently deciding whether to send it off tonight or wait a few days to make I'm making the right Uni options :/
Original post by corax
Does it roughly take a week for your reference to be added?

I'm currently deciding whether to send it off tonight or wait a few days to make I'm making the right Uni options :/

Depends on your school. Wait. Always worth the wait to make sure. You have plenty of time, so get it right.
Reply 47
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Depends on your school. Wait. Always worth the wait to make sure. You have plenty of time, so get it right.

Well my College ideally wanted them submitted to them today, so they could begin to do references over half term. Although, I know a lot of people haven't submitted their UCAS to them yet... really feeling the pressure though as people are already receiving offers as they've already sent there's off :frown:
Original post by corax
Well my College ideally wanted them submitted to them today, so they could begin to do references over half term. Although, I know a lot of people haven't submitted their UCAS to them yet... really feeling the pressure though as people are already receiving offers as they've already sent there's off :frown:

They've not done references yet? They like putting themselves under pressure! We did ours last July and updated them in September. No matter, there's lots of time before Jan 15th.
Reply 49
They've not done references yet? They like putting themselves under pressure! We did ours last July and updated them in September. No matter, there's lots of time before Jan 15th.

Nope, we filled out a form before breaking up for summer with information on for our form tutors who are writing our references I believe.. although can a subject teacher be selected to write your reference? My form tutor doesn't really know me at all.
Original post by corax
Nope, we filled out a form before breaking up for summer with information on for our form tutors who are writing our references I believe.. although can a subject teacher be selected to write your reference? My form tutor doesn't really know me at all.

It's usually a collaborative effort, with all subjects contributing a bit and the form tutor editing it together and adding the personal stuff. That's been my experience in 4 schools, anyway.
Reply 51
It's usually a collaborative effort, with all subjects contributing a bit and the form tutor editing it together and adding the personal stuff. That's been my experience in 4 schools, anyway.

Oh okay thank you, that's reassuring considering I've probably only had around two conversations with my form tutor, aha!
Reply 52
I feel like I'm so behind compared to everyone else on here, I only got the first draft of my personal statement back today :frown: although the only people at my school that have sent their UCAS are the medics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Afcwimbledon2
Would UCAS confirmation take precedence over an Email of the University?

Got mine sent off too UCAS on Friday. Sent to Universities on Monday. Had two offers already.

Applying for Geography at:
Portsmouth (Offer)
Chester
Lancaster
UEA (Offer)
Durham

Hello :biggrin: fellow geography student here! Congrats on your offers already, I am also applying for Portsmouth and Chester! Mind me asking how quick the Uni's were to reply?
Original post by MissMuffin95
Hello :biggrin: fellow geography student here! Congrats on your offers already, I am also applying for Portsmouth and Chester! Mind me asking how quick the Uni's were to reply?

UEA and Portsmouth in 2 days. Chester in 3 :smile:
Medical applicant here! :biggrin:
I sent off my application on Sept. 11th (I applied early because I didn't want to be overwhelmed with school stuff and preparation for admission tests). Edinburgh was the first uni to acknowledge my application (Sept. 27th), then it was Oxford (October 12th). I haven't heard from my two other uni choices yet - which are Imperial and Aberdeen (they're said to be very slow anyway, so I'm not worrying that much). Well, as you can see, the long wait for interview invitations/ offers has started ages ago for me now as I'm an early bird... Fingers crossed I'll end up going somewhere. This is my first time applying (and I hope it'll be the last!).
Good luck with your application, everyone! :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Everything's done apart from putting my choices in as im still unsure of them. Wanted to send my application off tomorrow but looks like itll probably be later as I don't want to rush making a decision. :confused:
Reply 57
Finally got my statement sent off on the 14th, bit close to the oxbridge deadline!
Have applied to :

Oxford, Bristol, Newcastle, Imperial and Sheffield for Biochemistry

Just want to hear back now!
Original post by Kay(:
Everything's done apart from putting my choices in as im still unsure of them. Wanted to send my application off tomorrow but looks like itll probably be later as I don't want to rush making a decision. :confused:

You can add choices later in Track, that's what I've done - put my 4 certain choices down and left one blank for later :biggrin:
Original post by goodmorningworld
You can add choices later in Track, that's what I've done - put my 4 certain choices down and left one blank for later :biggrin:

Isnt it only for 7 days or something though? Looking through all my options i think i might have my 5 now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending