The Student Room Group

What are people's current UCAS application situation ?

I'm looking to send off my ucas application tonight but I'm just really worried about my personal statement. I've asked my English Literature teachers to take a look at it but they haven't got back to me yet and I just want to get my application off asap ! I feel as though my personal statement is what I want it to be and it's adequate for the English Literature and Creative Writing course that I want to apply for. The universities i'm applying for are

Newcastle

Northumbria

Aberystwyth

Bath Spa

York St John

Is anyone else applying for these universities ? If so, have any of you sent off your ucas application yet ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm putting the finishing touches to my personal statement, and I'm going to try and do very well on an economics test for my prediction to go from A to A*, then I'm ready to go :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Wideeyedowls
I'm looking to send off my ucas application tonight but I'm just really worried about my personal statement. I've asked my English Literature teachers to take a look at it but they haven't got back to me yet and I just want to get my application off asap ! I feel as though my personal statement is what I want it to be and it's adequate for the English Literature and Creative Writing course that I want to apply for. The universities i'm applying for are

Newcastle

Northumbria

Aberystwyth

Bath Spa

York St John

Is anyone else applying for these universities ? If so, have any of you sent off your ucas application yet ?

Oh! I am doing English Lit with creative writing! I am almost done with everything BUT my personal statement. (Actually doing it now.) Only did my first paragraph. But I dont know if it is a good start. If you want you can send it to me and I'll show you mine that way we can tell each other whats good or not good. But only if you are cool with it.

So far my choices are Goldsmith and Birmingham City. Still got 3 more choices left. The struggle fam
Reply 3
i have my 5 choices i think, and my personal statement is done, but i am scared about sending it off cause i don't know if i have made the wrong decision either with the uni's i'm applying to or the courses
Reply 4
the school sent my ucas off yesterday(finaLly!) and got conformation from sheffield that it had arrived :biggrin:, i'm honestly the most impatient person, just too excited for uni <3
also applied to :
Newcastle
Nottingham
Cardiff
Swansea (backup)
for Mec Engineering :redface:

goodluck with your statement!
My school sent my UCAS form off on Sunday. I've applied for Law at:

Oxford: (confirmation on Tuesday)
UCL: (confirmation on Monday)
Kings College London: (confirmation on Sunday):
LSE: (confirmation on Tuesday)
Queen Marys: (no confirmation but I presume its gotten there as ucas says so)

GOOD LUCK :smile: x
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
My school sent my UCAS form off on Sunday. I've applied for Law at:

Oxford: (confirmation on Tuesday)
UCL: (confirmation on Monday)
Kings College London: (confirmation on Sunday):
LSE: (confirmation on Tuesday)
Queen Marys: (no confirmation but I presume its gotten there as ucas says so)

GOOD LUCK :smile: x

Would UCAS confirmation take precedence over an Email of the University?

Got mine sent off too UCAS on Friday. Sent to Universities on Monday. Had two offers already.

Applying for Geography at:
Portsmouth (Offer)
Chester
Lancaster
UEA (Offer)
Durham
Original post by Afcwimbledon2
Would UCAS confirmation take precedence over an Email of the University?

Got mine sent off too UCAS on Friday. Sent to Universities on Monday. Had two offers already.

Applying for Geography at:
Portsmouth (Offer)
Chester
Lancaster
UEA (Offer)
Durham

I presume it would aha! Oh thats incredible!!! Wow! :smile:
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
I presume it would aha! Oh thats incredible!!! Wow! :smile:

Good luck by the way :smile:
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Oh! I am doing English Lit with creative writing! I am almost done with everything BUT my personal statement. (Actually doing it now.) Only did my first paragraph. But I dont know if it is a good start. If you want you can send it to me and I'll show you mine that way we can tell each other whats good or not good. But only if you are cool with it.

So far my choices are Goldsmith and Birmingham City. Still got 3 more choices left. The struggle fam

Don't send your ps to anyone.
Reply 10
I've applied to just English Lit at Northumbria :biggrin:

I sent my application off on 4th October and have had 2 offers so far :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophhiee
I've applied to just English Lit at Northumbria :biggrin:

I sent my application off on 4th October and have had 2 offers so far :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hold on.. How can you apply to one university and get two offers :confused:

Where else you applied to??

Well done :biggrin:
Waiting on my reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Sent my application off on the 11th of October.
I've applied for Maths at Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Bath and Bristol

I've got acknowledgements from all 5 of my universities and I'm finishing the SAQ tonight
Sent to my reference :smile: Hope it will be sent off to UCAS by the weekend, my reference is on strike tomorrow :frown:
Reply 15
And here's me trying to finish coursework essays rather than my personal statement. Only two people I know (Oxbridge applicants) have sent off their applications. I have yet to finish my second draft :eek:
My application has been sitting around for a while and I had to wait for the Oxbridge deadline to pass because their references took priority. My Head of Sixth Form gave me the all clear yesterday so I plucked up the courage and sent it during my free lesson, all it needs now is for my referee to add the reference.

I've felt sick ever since I sent it, I just want to find out!

Applied for BA Geography at Durham, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and Exeter, eeeek!
Reply 17

I mean just for straight English as opposed to with Creative Writing or whatever, sorry I didn't make that very clear, and I'm supposed to want to do a degree in English! Oops!

I also applied to Northumbria, Keele, UWE and Oxford Brookes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Oh and Chester.. I'm confusing myself with what I've already said..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Sent on 14th
Oxford
Imperial
UCL
Southampton
Warwick
Mainly electrical/electronic engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending