The Student Room Group

Winter Coat

I am on the lookout for a winter coat for this season, its one of my favourite things to buy but feeling uninspired by most at the moment. Want to buy quite soon as I know they all sell out just as the weather gets colder!

Have you already got yours and if so where did you get it from and what's it like, or is there any you have your eye on? I'm not feeling the blazer style that's in right now, it drowns me out and makes me look tiny! Also I dislike the waxed or raincoat material ones. I must admit I'm quite picky...
Reply 1
maybe consider a shearling jacket or a cute wool duffle coat. depends on your style of course, maybe a fur coat would look good. newlook/topshop/zara are a good bet for that sort of thing.

kind of hate peacoats in general, and biker/perfecto-style coats are getting really old as well. I keep seeing the same biker-inspired asymmetric closure wool coat from ZARA f***ing everywhere.

i'm wearing a puffy ma-1 bomber jacket from alpha industries lol, but i'm considering a proper coat when it gets proper chilly.
Topshop usually do nice wool duffle coats every year, mine is a few years old now and very warm/long lasting. ASOS also have a massive range so it might be worth looking there?
I have a duffle coat and a furry coat. They both work with pretty much any outfit and they're really warm. I agree that Topshop's duffle coats are pretty good - mine is navy and it's about 3 years old but still nice.

Quick Reply

Latest