The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jadoreétudier
Aha. 80K?! For my four year course I've calculated approx £50k debt with maximum student loans every year for living costs and tuition fees.
I could stay and go to glasgow, be debt free too, but no, I want to go to Imperial. I literally couldn't care less about the debt. It's not a serious thing I, or anyone else, should worry about.

50k? For living in the centre of London? Good luck with that, mate xD It's 36k just for tuition. Granted, I haven't gone and calculated it all yet, but that seems a little low. But even saying it's 50k, that's still one hell of a lot more than nothing.

And yeah, try saying that when you leave uni with debt that's double or triple your annual salary for your first job. Maybe you're well off enough that having as much or more debt than you'd be loaned for a mortgage (usually about 2.5 times your annual salary) is fine for you, but I'm not. I have several friends who want to go to English unis, have offers, but simply can't afford it. The debt is an enormous consideration, and it's completely beyond my comprehension that you think nobody has to worry about it.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by jadoreétudier
Aha. 80K?! For my four year course I've calculated approx £50k debt with maximum student loans every year for living costs and tuition fees.
I could stay and go to glasgow, be debt free too, but no, I want to go to Imperial. I literally couldn't care less about the debt. It's not a serious thing I, or anyone else, should worry about.

50k? That's A LOT of debt...
Original post by Fint_Math_DK
I applied the 9th of January and recieved a conditional offer the 27th of February. So it took 49 days.

Oh Wow! My waiting is 42 days old today. Thank you for giving me hope. :smile:
What country are you from though?
Original post by DannyAbba
Oh Wow! My waiting is 42 days old today. Thank you for giving me hope. :smile:
What country are you from though?

I am from Denmark. Where are you from, and what did you apply to?
I am from Denmark. Where are you from, and what did you apply to?

I am from Nigeria. Applying for M.Sc., Advanced Mechanical Engineering, you?
Reply 385
Original post by shakeaway
congratulations, I got a medicine offer yesterday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am from Nigeria. Applying for M.Sc., Advanced Mechanical Engineering, you?

I applied to the MSc in Mathematics and Finance and got a conditional offer. I just need an average above 10 and I have 11.1 (12-scale) so it should be fairly easy to meet the conditions.
I applied to the MSc in Mathematics and Finance and got a conditional offer. I just need an average above 10 and I have 11.1 (12-scale) so it should be fairly easy to meet the conditions.

Oh! Nice. Yea, I'm sure you would meet 'em. But did you get an interview (Phone or Skype)?
Oh! Nice. Yea, I'm sure you would meet 'em. But did you get an interview (Phone or Skype)?

No interview. They only evaluate the application based on grades, personal statement, work exp., and references.
Got an offer for Msc Mathematics & Computer Science! These conditions are ridiculous, though :biggrin:
Reply 390
Original post by spankie1337
Got an offer for Msc Mathematics & Computer Science! These conditions are ridiculous, though :biggrin:

Good luck mate, I've heard some nasty things about your course. I hear they try to kill you with the sheer weight of the workload.
Original post by kmlee0926
Good luck mate, I've heard some nasty things about your course. I hear they try to kill you with the sheer weight of the workload.

I'm assuming they applied for a 1 year masters course which is probably quite a bit different to the MEng JMC course. :colondollar:
Finally got my conditions - AAA at Advanced Higher (similar to A-Level) including Maths and Physics. Certainly manageable. Phew. That's somewhat of a relief.
Original post by yl95
I'm assuming they applied for a 1 year masters course which is probably quite a bit different to the MEng JMC course. :colondollar:

Actually,its a 4 years course I applied to. I heard about it being pretty harsh at the interview day - but I cant believe I could get fed up with neither Maths nor Computing :biggrin:
I must have messed up the titles.
(edited 10 years ago)
Received an offer for MSc Mathematics & Computer Science! These conditions are just ridiculous, though :biggrin:
Received an offer for MSc Mathematics & Computer Science! These conditions are just ridiculous, though :biggrin:

Ah yay, hopefully we'll be coursemates provided we meet our offers. What's your offer?
Original post by yl95
Ah yay, hopefully we'll be coursemates provided we meet our offers. What's your offer?

It's for Polish New Matura exam. I have to pass Mathematics and Physics at extended level with at least 95%. I also have to make an average of all exams I'll take of at least 90%. + language condition, which is no problem at all. To be honest, these conditions are deadly difficult to fulfill... How about your offer?

Also, do you know anything about the adding process to the Imperial Offer Holders 2014 group of FB? I tried to get in, but nobody added me. It's already been 2 weeks. Is there some kind of a method I'm not aware of?
It's for Polish New Matura exam. I have to pass Mathematics and Physics at extended level with at least 95%. I also have to make an average of all exams I'll take of at least 90%. + language condition, which is no problem at all. To be honest, these conditions are deadly difficult to fulfill... How about your offer?

Also, do you know anything about the adding process to the Imperial Offer Holders 2014 group of FB? I tried to get in, but nobody added me. It's already been 2 weeks. Is there some kind of a method I'm not aware of?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/689505847756386/
Try again?

Already have 2 times, the admin doesn't seem to notice me, though :biggrin:
Already have 2 times, the admin doesn't seem to notice me, though :biggrin:

Try PMing me your email and I'll add you to the group?

Latest

Trending

Trending