The Student Room Group

Fitness test clothing

Alright guys,

A couple of stupid questions,

Passed my medical today so I'm guessin my fitness test will be over the weekend, just wanted to ask about clothing for it, is it strictly t shirt and shorts or can I wear a vest? Also I've been having abit of a niggle in my knee since knocking it at football, would I be able to wear a knee brace/strap for the runnin? I'm guessing not but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey mate, I have my fitness on the Saturday. Doesn't really matter what you wear as long as it's appropriate sports wear. This is what they sent me regarding attire...
"We recommend that you wear
loose comfortable clothing appropriate for exercise
to help you perform at you best. Make sure you
wear exercise trainers rather than fashion trainers,
and you might want to bring a sweat towel and a
towel and toiletries for a shower afterwards. Make
sure you also bring a water bottle with you to keep
yourself hydrated.
"
Reply 2
There was a wide variety of attires on display on my test(s): shorts, thermals, under-skin armour, long and short-sleeved shirts. As the above says, I think as long as the spirit of "sportswear" is met, the specifics don't really matter.

I know on my IOT Famvisit test, some chose to use strappings on their ankles but they were obscured by socks so, if you need a knee strap, perhaps consider tights underneath the shorts or whatever you feel comfortable with.

Can't comment on openly-displayed braces as I haven't witnessed any personally.
Reply 3
Cheers pal. And good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I think I'll take my brace and ask the PT when I get there. I don't really need it just don't want anythin to **** me up lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
If anyone reads this wondering about knee braces or anythin, I had my test this mornin and passed and was able to wear my knee brace no problems. The woman who did my test with me said there's no rules regarding stuff like that that she knows of! I'd still check when you get to the gym or wherever it is you do it tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by jebbadiah
If anyone reads this wondering about knee braces or anythin, I had my test this mornin and passed and was able to wear my knee brace no problems. The woman who did my test with me said there's no rules regarding stuff like that that she knows of! I'd still check when you get to the gym or wherever it is you do it tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one mate. I managed to pass it on Saturday. What trade are you going for?
Reply 7
I'm goin for ASOp. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Avionics tech.
Reply 9
Nice. If I had science I woulda gone for that! Have you heard about PRTC yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Not yet bud. Hoping it'll be soon. But these things can take ages.
Reply 11
I no. Feels like I've been waitin ages already! Have you rang and spoke to them? I was gunna ring tomorrow but not sure if there's any point!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I did mate, but they said they havent recieved them yet. Turned out the PTI at the gym I went too didnt send them. Haha. Go for it. But they should call you as soon as they have the results to confirm anyway.
Reply 13
She pretty much sent them via email when I was standin next to her lol. Or that's what she said! I'll give them a bell and see what's what. How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Fair play. I'm 19.
Reply 15
I'm 27. Feel old goin down to halton now lol. Where you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Career change? Living in Preston at the mo, yourself?
Reply 17
Not really. I graduated from uni last year and it was half way through that that I wanted to join raf. You wanted to do this straight from school? I'm in oldham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Fair enough... I was going to go uni but it's so expensive. So I had a rethink. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
My final year was the final year of it bein 3 grand a year so I was ok lol. To be honest tho you'd never pay all your loans back so it's not as expensive as people think! I've been lookin at doin aerospace engineerin aswell at uni if for any reason I have to pull out of raf. How did you find your fitness test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest