The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm sorry to hear of your rejection.
I'm so sorry... I got rejected yesterday from Oxford as well and I can relate so much to how you feel. I know it does not really help to say that it is not the end of the world because right now I myself do feel like it is the end of my world, but I just want to let you know that you're not alone and you're still as excellent as you were before. Hope you feel better..

Original post by Nerdgirl1996
I just got rejected from Oxford yesterday and I feel absolutely horrible. I know everyone feels this way, but I just can't help constantly thinking about it and hating myself. I emailed the college, asking them why, but they said I'd have to wait till January.

I know I still have five other choices etc., but I have just become so attached to Oxford in the last few months that I really feel as if I can't be happy anywhere else. I definitely plan on reapplying, but I'd have to wait an entire year, and even then, there's no certainty. I can't eat, I don't feel like going out, and the only thing I've been doing all day is lying in my bed and rereading the rejection email.
Original post by Elaine Wein
I'm so sorry... I got rejected yesterday from Oxford as well and I can relate so much to how you feel. I know it does not really help to say that it is not the end of the world because right now I myself do feel like it is the end of my world, but I just want to let you know that you're not alone and you're still as excellent as you were before. Hope you feel better..

You do realise that this thread is two years old right? :s-smilie: And the OP hasn't logged in in over a year...
Original post by Elaine Wein

Hi, I'm an old crone, so I hope you don't mind me lobbing in that some of the rejections I've received in my life have paved the way to amazing new opportunities: I got rejected by Saatchis, but met my husband at my graduate job, I got rejected by my ideal employer 10 years later, to get a much better job with the same employer 6 months further on. Rejection is tough, but it doesn't mean the end: it's just a way forward for unanticipated opportunities.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending