The Student Room Group

Muslim girl on TSR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Dude. Don't even go there. You're the only pathetic person on this thread.

How has he faked anything? He's still a Christian and he's even a Christian pastor now so no, his conversion wasn't fake. It was very genuine.

No it wasn't. You're the one who admitted he converted for your mom. Changing your story now?

Muslims are so incredibly butthurt, they refuse to believe that anyone could leave Islam, well newsflash! Yes they can! It physically hurts, yes I know with you thinking that your religion is perfect and all that but I'm grateful that he could think for himself and choose what religion he wanted to be a part of. That's why apostates are killed in Islam, they just cant deal with rejection.

Right.

We're talking about your dad here. He's the focus of this discussion :smile:

I just feel so sorry for your children, God help them if they decide to think for themselves and decide what religion they'd like to be, I don't want to think how difficult you'll make their lives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have children, but thanks for your concern.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Al-Mudaari
No it wasn't. You're the one who admitted he converted for your mom. Changing your story now?

Right.

We're talking about your dad here. He's the focus of this discussion :smile:

I don't have children, but thanks for your concern.

No my dad isn't the focus of this discussion, the inability of Muslims to accept that Muslims can convert is.

And unless you're admitting that you're never going to have children in future, my point still stands that your children are going to suffer at your hands should they happen to think for themselves at any point in their lives.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No my dad isn't the focus of this discussion, the inability of Muslims to accept that Muslims can convert is.

No, this discussion is about your dad's insincere conversion in order to please a woman. But, I think we've already established how sad that is, so we can move on now.

And unless you're admitting that you're never going to have children in future, my point still stands that your children are going to suffer at your hands should they happen to think for themselves at any point in their lives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, what can I say. You don't choose your world, you're given it :wink: You don't need to worry about other people's imaginary children, especially if you know nothing about them.
This is where every Muslim girl on TSR is secretly chuffed at the prospect of it being them.
Original post by Hellcat12
The problem is, he never wants to contact her.
how would she know about him? :biggrin:

Well then that's his problem for not doing anything about how he feels. For us the religion wasn't a boundary.

Original post by Abdul-Karim
Religious restrictions. She's not allowed according to Islam. A barrier which isn't worth the effort to cross as many problems will be encountered for both parties.

According to Islam women aren't even allowed to look at men who aren't their husband either; it's got little to do with the person they're seeing being a Muslim or not. It's up to her which rules she wants to abide by and she wants to be with me and I want to be with her; we're happy together it's certainly worth it.
Original post by Anonymous
It's up to her which rules she wants to abide by and she wants to be with me and I want to be with her; we're happy together it's certainly worth it.

It's up to her, yes. The opportunity cost which would arise would be her going against her religious values and potentially other relationships such as with her family. It causes unnecessary controversies and she would essentially be denouncing her faith. In the long-run if things don't work out it's her who will be facing the consequences. I am not an enthusiast for this particular relationship but then again I can only merely offer advice.
Original post by euphrosyne
I definitely agree with the perception people make of us (I'm a Muslim too). But I'd say the age thing has relaxed; or at least it has for some families living in the Westernised world. I mean I live in Dubai (although I'm half British) and I keep telling my parents that I'm just gonna drop out of school and marry an Italian, and they're like "Okay honey" (obviously they're joking haha), but I know for a fact that my parents, and quite a lot of others, don't seem too worried about marriage. Infact, I know a lot of people who are trying to push their daughters into marrying early! :rolleyes:

However, having a "boyfriend" is something else.. My father is extremely overprotective, but I don't know if that's just naturally how a father is, or if it's the Islamic side of him :tongue:

Hahaha
Yay! I live in Dubai too! Let's set up a get-together if you are willing :biggrin:

Meh, my parents just worry about one thing "Get top grades and make us proud" so having a boyfriend is something I could even do in secrecy and they wouldn't care unless I had a clean record of straight A*s.
But being Muslims, they would be pretty shocked if I mingled with some guy (non sexual relationship) without their consent, so better not give them that shock and keep my purity intact :biggrin:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
This is where every Muslim girl on TSR is secretly chuffed at the prospect of it being them.

Not me since I am pretty used to these attentions in the real world :colone:

Plus I know secretly that this mystery girl is not me :biggrin:

Can't say about others though.....
lol she's a muslim, move on OP.
Not me since I am pretty used to these attentions in the real world :colone:

Plus I know secretly that this mystery girl is not me :biggrin:

Can't say about others though.....

You are only saying that to steer the thoughts of people about it bring you, away from yourself!
I am 95% sure it's you....

Hahaha
Yay! I live in Dubai too! Let's set up a get-together if you are willing :biggrin:

Meh, my parents just worry about one thing "Get top grades and make us proud" so having a boyfriend is something I could even do in secrecy and they wouldn't care unless I had a clean record of straight A*s.
But being Muslims, they would be pretty shocked if I mingled with some guy (non sexual relationship) without their consent, so better not give them that shock and keep my purity intact :biggrin:.

Will you be my Girlfriend? :colondollar:
Hahaha

Do you?! :eek: Yes definitely! I haven't come across anyone who lives here! (except one person, but she's left :teehee:)

My parents are like that too unfortunately :tongue: It's so annoying haha, particularly last year! I got a few As during the year (mocks and whatnot) and my mum would be like "Why is not an A*? That's not acceptable.." No matter how many times I told her A*s didn't exist in AS, she wouldn't believe me :rolleyes:
Likewise, but thankfully, I've never really found a guy worth my attention, so no need for mingling :innocent:
Reply 191
Original post by Noor90
No I meant, he said that from reading her posts he thinks she is probably practicing but isn't quite sure, but Anka is very obviously practicing, there is no doubt over it :colondollar:

Ah, ok. I never knew Anka was a proper Muslim. Does she wear the hijab btw?
Reply 192
True, true.
Apparently we all are humans so none of us (Muslims) claim that love can't happen but some non Muslims make us appear as dry beans without obvious human emotions.
The difference is, we have a specific age set for pursuing romance.

Yeah so true. Many westerners believe that Muslims can't really fall in love and always go through arranged/forced marriages, which is so far from the truth.
Original post by Roger1
Yeah so true. Many westerners believe that Muslims can't really fall in love and always go through arranged/forced marriages, which is so far from the truth.

I didn't think this was a dating site!Are you guys planning a relationship or something?weirrrrd!
Reply 194
Original post by Emerald123
I didn't think this was a dating site!Are you guys planning a relationship or something?weirrrrd!

Erm, no... Not yet at least. :tongue:
Reply 195
Right, I'll give you all the help I can, as honestly as I can. You ready?

If she's a devout Muslim, she won't date you or treat you like anything other than a platonic friend. If not, then you might be able to make it work.

Either way, talk to her. If you really can't get over it, you should at least try and tell her how you feel, see where that gets you - you've got nothing to lose. :-)
Reply 196
Come on OP - give us a clue as to who the muslim girl is??? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's up to her, yes. The opportunity cost which would arise would be her going against her religious values and potentially other relationships such as with her family. It causes unnecessary controversies and she would essentially be denouncing her faith. In the long-run if things don't work out it's her who will be facing the consequences. I am not an enthusiast for this particular relationship but then again I can only merely offer advice.

I think that's a bad way to look at it.

When you have a metropolitan and multicultural mindset and understanding you come to realise that everyone is human and can relate to each other regardless of race and religion. If two people are attracted to one another and the feelings are mutual then why would you let anything stand in your way? That's the way I see it and me and my girlfriend have a wonderful relationship although we don't share the same religion.
Original post by Anonymous
I think that's a bad way to look at it.

When you have a metropolitan and multicultural mindset and understanding you come to realise that everyone is human and can relate to each other regardless of race and religion. If two people are attracted to one another and the feelings are mutual then why would you let anything stand in your way? That's the way I see it and me and my girlfriend have a wonderful relationship although we don't share the same religion.

In Islam the primary objective of marriage is to strengthen faith. Getting married for the sake of God as a form of Ibadah (worship). It's not cultural differences that's the problem much rather religious restrictions. There's no way around it and carrying on could prove detrimental to her other relationships if it were to be found out. The two suggestions would be either you revert (/convert) to Islam or she denounce her faith and potentially break family ties to be with you. In all respect, at the end of the day it's both your decisions and whichever it be all the best.
In Islam the primary objective of marriage is to strengthen faith. Getting married for the sake of God as a form of Ibadah (worship). It's not cultural differences that's the problem much rather religious restrictions. There's no way around it and carrying on could prove detrimental to her other relationships if it were to be found out. The two suggestions would be either you revert (/convert) to Islam or she denounce her faith and potentially break family ties to be with you. In all respect, at the end of the day it's both your decisions and whichever it be all the best.

Well, both our parents know (hers don't know how serious it is yet however; they just think we like each other) but they haven't said out right no or anything, I don't think her being with me is detrimental to her family, even her parents aren't very devout compared to some Muslims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending