The Student Room Group

I gave my underage friend my ID and it got taken off him.?

tt
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Joeduffy234
I realise now I shouldn't have. What do I do? The club said go to a bouncer tonight and ask for it, but the police might get involved and I obviously dont want that.
Could I just say he took it without my permission? Or that I lost it and have asked several night clubs if they've got it?

Just get it, I think they have more important things to do than reporting an ID...
I can't say for sure, but I honestly doubt they'll get the police involved, it's probably happened countless times! Don't worry too much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just say your friend stole it if they question you. :redface:
Standard excuse - my little brother stole it
Reply 5
What idiot allows a bouncer to confiscate their ID? Fake or not, bouncers have no rights above a standard citizen. They can refuse entry for a suspected Fake ID.. but confiscate it? No chance.

Go to the club and demand the return of your property. If they refuse; threaten legal action.
Reply 6
Original post by Joeduffy234
I realise now I shouldn't have. What do I do? The club said go to a bouncer tonight and ask for it, but the police might get involved and I obviously dont want that.
Could I just say he took it without my permission? Or that I lost it and have asked several night clubs if they've got it?

Just go there and say it was taken from you for being too drunk or something. They probably won't even question why it was taken from you.

I've done this before, it'll be fine.
Original post by Reue
What idiot allows a bouncer to confiscate their ID? Fake or not, bouncers have no rights above a standard citizen. They can refuse entry for a suspected Fake ID.. but confiscate it? No chance.

Go to the club and demand the return of your property. If they refuse; threaten legal action.

They def can take the ID if being used incorrectly.
Reply 8
Original post by DoctorInTraining

No, they def cannot.

Taken from the 2012 False ID Guidance notes issues to licenced premises:

Only certain categories of person (for example, a police constable) have legal powers to seize false ID. However,
any member of staff presented with false ID may ask for it to be handed over.
(edited 10 years ago)

Hi Doc,

I have some issues, but I don't want to go see my GP. Can I talk to you?
Original post by Reue
No, they def cannot.

Taken from the 2012 False ID Guidance notes issues to licenced premises:

Only certain categories of person (for example, a police constable) have legal powers to seize false ID. However,
any member of staff presented with false ID may ask for it to be handed over.

Well this is not how the clubs in my area work....regardless of the 2012 False ID Guidance.

The girl in front of me last week had her sister's ID taken off her - despite her asking for it back. The bouncer refused and she was asked to leave the premises.

I'm not sure what happened afterwards....

Original post by foreskinissues
Hi Doc,

I have some issues, but I don't want to go see my GP. Can I talk to you?

You should speak to your GP ideally - I am only a student.
Well this is not how the clubs in my area work....regardless of the 2012 False ID Guidance.

The girl in front of me last week had her sister's ID taken off her - despite her asking for it back. The bouncer refused and she was asked to leave the premises.

You should speak to your GP ideally - I am only a student.

I'd rather not. Could I just ask you something?
Reply 12

Ah right, because bouncers have always been relied upon to know the actual laws relating to their work? :wink:

As I said to the OP; they have no rights to confiscate. the OP (And the girl infront of you's sister) should go to the club and demand the return of their property with threat of legal action.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
ngl but I think it's a tad intimidating if the OP is small, and the bouncer is huge and he's demanding it back or else legal action
Reply 14
Original post by Blazinq
ngl but I think it's a tad intimidating if the OP is small, and the bouncer is huge and he's demanding it back or else legal action

Go back the next day and speak to the owner during the day. They won't want to risk losing their licence over legal action.
Original post by foreskinissues
I'd rather not. Could I just ask you something?

You can ask but there's no guarantee that I can help!
Is this the same person who asked a few days ago if they should let their friend borrow their ID?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending