University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Adult Nursing Interview at Lincoln 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Janiejay
Hi,
I have my interview for mental health nursing next week, and am in a flap about the maths test! It's been a while since I have had to do any and despite refreshing my memory, it's just not going in! Is it torturous?!

Don't worry, its just basic maths without a calculator, brush up on adding and subtracting decimals, long multiplication and division and conversions e.g. ml to l and g to kg. You only get 15 mins and its 10 questions, you'll be fine i'm sure! Good luck!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Megan2610
I've just got a conditional offer from Lincoln university and it will be my firm choice when i get all offers back! I'm so excited!

Hi I have my interview next week, any tips? what to wear? what to brush up on? especially the Maths x thanks
Reply 42
Original post by Jkimber
Hi all,

Firmed my offer from lincoln uni to start adult nursing in September, anyone else going? Thought I would say hi!! I'm very excited!!!!

Hi any tips on the interview i.e what do I wear? brush up on? especially Maths? Nursing issues etc etc x thanks
Reply 43
Original post by naggy99
Hi I have my interview next week, any tips? what to wear? what to brush up on? especially the Maths x thanks

Just look at Francis report, 6 C's and the maths is very simple, long multiplication division, addition subtraction, percentages, changing fractions into simplest form and conversions are the main quetstions, its only 10 questions and you only need to get 7 right to pass xx
Reply 44
Anyone with offers from Lincoln, join the Facebook group university of Lincoln - nursing 2014, get to know people on the course prior to starting
Reply 45
Original post by naggy99
Hi any tips on the interview i.e what do I wear? brush up on? especially Maths? Nursing issues etc etc x thanks

The question is about how you show the six C's of nursing in your everyday life, don't worry about the maths itisn't hard. An example would be what is 20% of 400 or what's 3/4 of a litre is millilitres. I always say dress to impress as you want to stand out and most people will be dressed as a professional as nursing is a professional field. Good luck
Reply 46
Hey everyone!

Is anyone else firmed their choice (I got my welcome letter and ba brilliant hoodie) I just wondered if anyone from the January interviews, or other ones, remember what the ladies said about induction days. Like the CRB check and health check?

Can't wait till it all starts!
Reply 47
Original post by Clcauser
Hey everyone!

Is anyone else firmed their choice (I got my welcome letter and ba brilliant hoodie) I just wondered if anyone from the January interviews, or other ones, remember what the ladies said about induction days. Like the CRB check and health check?

Can't wait till it all starts!

hey they have call back days in april, may and june. you will be invited to one to sort out the health and drb checks, they also sort out uniforms ready for when we start. Feel free to join the facebook group: University of Lincoln - Nursing 2014
Reply 48
thankyou! interview tomorrow, still trying to cram as much maths into my addled brain as possible! still, if all else fails there is always next year, although im getting a bit old now!
Hi,

Anyone else got an interview for adult nursing tomorrow? I've tried my best to revise the maths, brushed up on the 6 C's and a few current issues but still super nervous!
If anyone sees this in time what are you wearing? I was thinking a top a skirt and a blazer but not sure if its smart enough or too smart! aah!
Reply 50
Original post by rachaeljayne1
Hi,

Anyone else got an interview for adult nursing tomorrow? I've tried my best to revise the maths, brushed up on the 6 C's and a few current issues but still super nervous!
If anyone sees this in time what are you wearing? I was thinking a top a skirt and a blazer but not sure if its smart enough or too smart! aah!

I have an interview for mental health nursing tomorrow, I have brushed up on the same things as you, but am still in a panic over the maths! I am wearing trousers top and blazer. i think smart/casual is the way to go!
My interview is for Adult Nursing! may see you there haha! Yeah im really nervous about the maths as its never been my strong point (only just got my C at GCSE) and im wearing a top skirt and blazer so that's good! aaah nervous!:smile:
Reply 52
My interview is for Adult Nursing! may see you there haha! Yeah im really nervous about the maths as its never been my strong point (only just got my C at GCSE) and im wearing a top skirt and blazer so that's good! aaah nervous!:smile:

I only scraped a c at gcse, and that was many many years ago! (I'm 36) I am struggling with ml to l, and g to kg I know its simple mathmatics, but try as i might i get them wrong every time!
I only scraped a c at gcse, and that was many many years ago! (I'm 36) I am struggling with ml to l, and g to kg I know its simple mathmatics, but try as i might i get them wrong every time!

Oh gosh yeah conversion is definitely not my strong point either! I just attempted to revise long multiplication and I just keep getting the wrong answer haha oh dear!
Reply 54
Oh gosh yeah conversion is definitely not my strong point either! I just attempted to revise long multiplication and I just keep getting the wrong answer haha oh dear!

I'm fine doing it at home, happily getting them right, in a test............ totally different story! oh well, we can but try!
I'm fine doing it at home, happily getting them right, in a test............ totally different story! oh well, we can but try!

Yes I agree! Ah well not much we can do now, good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 56

you too x
Reply 57

Hi how did you get on today? Were you there in the morning or afternoon? Mine was morning. I too worried about the maths but it was fine......er I think.
By the way you are never too old! I am 48 xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58

Hi how did you get on today? I was there in the morning. The maths was not that bad afterall I felt xx
Reply 59
Original post by naggy99
Hi how did you get on today? I was there in the morning. The maths was not that bad afterall I felt xx

I was also there in the morning, maths was much better than I expected! Fingers crossed that we get in now!

Quick Reply

Latest