The Student Room Group

Should I get English Lang GCSE re-marked?

Hello! :smile:
I'm in year 11 and I got my result for English Lang GCSE today. I got an A and I was really really really really disappointed. Lots of my friends who are in lower sets than me got a*'s and tbh English is one of my best subjects and was the subject I was banking on for an a* (plus I would like to do English Lit next year for AS). I know that when you get your GCSE mark it comes as an overall consisting of Eng lang and Lit, but I'm not very good at Eng Lit, so I reckon I'll get an A, so an overall mark for English of an A.
I got 365 marks out of 400 in total (a* boundary was 370) (exam plus two coursework) which added up to an A, so I was 5 marks (0.75%) away from an A*. I got a 54/60 (90%) for one part of my coursework and 117/120 (98%), then 100/120 (83%) in my actual exam (Higher Tier). Is there any point me either getting them re-marked or re-doing? I am so so so disappointed by my result, as the majority of people in my set got A*, but also because I expected so much better of myself, I know my mark was good, but my prediction was an a*.
Thank youu :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest