The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

2014 offers for Exeter Uni Cornwall Campus :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Is anyone going to the offer holder day on the 15th March...?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 41
Hey guys! I firmed zoology today at the Cornwall campus! So excited ahhhhh
Reply 42
What accomidation is everyone considering?
Reply 43
Original post by ALLY12BELL
What accomidation is everyone considering?

Glasney, definitely. The Sidings seems nice but I'm too lazy to walk anywhere in the morning haha! I do love Glasney though, it is lovely c:
Reply 44
Original post by rahrahh
Glasney, definitely. The Sidings seems nice but I'm too lazy to walk anywhere in the morning haha! I do love Glasney though, it is lovely c:

I agree, Glasney definitely! What do you plan to study?
Reply 45
Original post by haroldkgb
I agree, Glasney definitely! What do you plan to study?

Zoology c: Yourself?
Original post by Ellie_May :)
You're welcome :smile: I settled in extremely well with my flat mates! One of them is now my best friend, partly because her course is very similar to mine as she takes env.science and i take geography, so we are in a lot of the same classes too. I think the accommodation people choose your flat mates carefully to make sure there are people you will get along with. My flat has 3 exeter students and 4 falmouth students, and we are all lovely :smile: I requested a quiet flat so everyone is quite peaceful in my flat but we all still go out together.

Hi Ellie, I hope you don't mind answering my question. I applied to Exeter Cornwall because it looked pretty cool and refreshingly different with the whole University experience sort of thing. But having spoken to my teachers, they're extremely skeptical about it, especially seeing as its such a new establishment and that it isn't, for the lack of a better phrase, "the proper Exeter" which I know is a bigoted garbage form their part. So I was wondering, is there any such prejudiced attached with the CC from the main campus in Exeter, and at the end of the degree, are the qualifications awarded from the the two campuses the same? Thanks in advance, :smile:
Original post by PretzelLogic
Hi Ellie, I hope you don't mind answering my question. I applied to Exeter Cornwall because it looked pretty cool and refreshingly different with the whole University experience sort of thing. But having spoken to my teachers, they're extremely skeptical about it, especially seeing as its such a new establishment and that it isn't, for the lack of a better phrase, "the proper Exeter" which I know is a bigoted garbage form their part. So I was wondering, is there any such prejudiced attached with the CC from the main campus in Exeter, and at the end of the degree, are the qualifications awarded from the the two campuses the same? Thanks in advance, :smile:

Hello, this is a problem we are still trying to face down here. Once graduated you would still graduate with a University of Exeter degree, so it wouldn't make any difference what campus you go to. At the end of the day you choose the campus for the course you prefer. There should be no difference. Some people choose to come here for slightly lower grade boundaries - however mine were exactly the same as the main campus.
The student union here are constantly trying to get our campus recognised more here as a part of Exeter. We only seem different due to being so far away from the main campus, so we tend to get less guest speakers due to the location, which we are trying to fix.
Yes it's based in Cornwall, but this doesn't make it any lower in prestige.
It's still the University of Exeter which is a top 10 university.
Reply 48
Hey guys! I firmed zoology today at the Cornwall campus! So excited ahhhhh

Me too! I firmed about 2 weeks ago. I am super happy because it was my first choice and the course looks great! I didn't get to go to the offer holders day though cause I live in HK. Did you go?
Reply 49
Original post by Doodlegirl
Me too! I firmed about 2 weeks ago. I am super happy because it was my first choice and the course looks great! I didn't get to go to the offer holders day though cause I live in HK. Did you go?

No I wasn't able to either, ahhhh I'm so excited to find another person who has formed zoology, did you apply for the masters?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
No I wasn't able to either, ahhhh I'm so excited to find another person who has formed zoology, did you apply for the masters?

No a bachelors, but I would like to do a doctorate eventually so I will probably transfer to the masters :smile: I plan on going down to the campus at Easter to chat to the proffs and have a look around. So excited for that
Hey guys! I've just firmed Exeter Cornwall for English 2014! Definitely looking at Glasney too! Little scared considering i live four hours away but i should be okay! How is everyone else doing:smile:?
Reply 52
Original post by Doodlegirl
No a bachelors, but I would like to do a doctorate eventually so I will probably transfer to the masters :smile: I plan on going down to the campus at Easter to chat to the proffs and have a look around. So excited for that

Yer I definitely want to get a doctorate, what made you choose zoology? And oh cool I have been to Cornwall before just not the campus
Reply 53
Hey guys,

I've firmed my place for this uni now. Hopefully going to be studying applied geology there in September, and living in Glasney for the first year! Cannot wait!

Good luck in the exams people!
Reply 54
Yer I definitely want to get a doctorate, what made you choose zoology? And oh cool I have been to Cornwall before just not the campus

Well I have always loved animals and nature (as corny as that sounds) It has always been my interest and I wanted to work in that area. I did some research, completed work experience and zoology was the best option as a degree. What about you? I have been to Cornwall before as well my family has a house in Dorset so we have visited but a day trip is a bit different to uni life there. :smile:
Reply 55
I take it I am the only one who's doing a history related course at Cornwall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I've put the Cornwall campus as my firm choice for BSc Environmental science and was wondering if you knew what any of the lecturers were like? And also I'm worried about what I will do in my spare time, like how far away are shops or coastal walks?
Thank you
Firmed for English Lit.
I don't mean to be a repetitive old bastard, but just to check one final time - at the end of the degree, there's no difference between a degree from Cornwall campus and a degree from the normal Exeter campus is there? I don't want to be at the mercy of bigoted employers.
Reply 58
Original post by Little Boots
Firmed for English Lit.
I don't mean to be a repetitive old bastard, but just to check one final time - at the end of the degree, there's no difference between a degree from Cornwall campus and a degree from the normal Exeter campus is there? I don't want to be at the mercy of bigoted employers.

No. Why would there be? It's the exact same university.
Reply 59
I've firmed an ABB offer for BSc/BA Geography and will be gutted if I don't make the grades because my heart's so set on there :smile: Only negative thing is the 5 hour drive down there though.

Original post by Little Boots
at the end of the degree, there's no difference between a degree from Cornwall campus and a degree from the normal Exeter campus is there? I don't want to be at the mercy of bigoted employers.

As far as I'm aware you graduate with a University of Exeter degree. Future employers won't know you attended the Cornwall campus (My sister went there)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending