The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

2014 offers for Exeter Uni Cornwall Campus :)

Hi guys, thought I would start a thread where people can post their offers for Exeter Cornwall and their subject :smile: I have an offer of AAB to study English here beginning September 2014!

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer for History for ABB but I haven't visited it yet so I'm going to an applicant day in Febuary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by aileeniona
Hi guys, thought I would start a thread where people can post their offers for Exeter Cornwall and their subject :smile: I have an offer of AAB to study English here beginning September 2014!

Congratulations :smile: I have an offer for English as well :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cocopopscastle
I got an offer for History for ABB but I haven't visited it yet so I'm going to an applicant day in Febuary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! Its such a nice Uni, I looked round a few months ago and loved it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by RainReader
Congratulations :smile: I have an offer for English as well :smile:

Thanks, congrats on yours aswell :smile: Is cornwall your firm choice? :smile:
Reply 5
Thanks, congrats on yours aswell :smile: Is cornwall your firm choice? :smile:

I'm not sure yet- I'm still waiting for one of my choices to reply to me, and I haven't visited all of them yet. Yourself? :smile:
Reply 6
I'm not sure yet- I'm still waiting for one of my choices to reply to me, and I haven't visited all of them yet. Yourself? :smile:

I'm still waiting for one aswell to reply, but I think cornwall will be my firm choice. The only negative for me is that its four hours away from where I live which will be weird haha :smile:
Reply 7
I'm still waiting for one aswell to reply, but I think cornwall will be my firm choice. The only negative for me is that its four hours away from where I live which will be weird haha :smile:

Cool. Yep, Cornwall can be interesting to travel to and from, to say the least! I guess if that's your only negative though the journey is worth it :smile: What are your other choices if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 8
Cool. Yep, Cornwall can be interesting to travel to and from, to say the least! I guess if that's your only negative though the journey is worth it :smile: What are your other choices if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I applied to Southampton, reading, oxford Brooke's and Exeter streatham campus, how about you? :smile:
Reply 9
I applied to Southampton, reading, oxford Brooke's and Exeter streatham campus, how about you? :smile:

Haha, we have strangely similar choices! I applied to Southampton, Reading and Royal Holloway for single honours English, and Exeter Streatham campus for English and Art History.
Reply 10
Haha, we have strangely similar choices! I applied to Southampton, Reading and Royal Holloway for single honours English, and Exeter Streatham campus for English and Art History.

Haha they are very similar! Im still waiting for Exeter Streatham campus to reply :smile:
Haha they are very similar! Im still waiting for Exeter Streatham campus to reply :smile:

Me too- I think they might reject me though :s-smilie: If you get an offer from the Streatham campus will you consider that or are you set on the Cornwall campus? :smile:
Reply 12
Me too- I think they might reject me though :s-smilie: If you get an offer from the Streatham campus will you consider that or are you set on the Cornwall campus? :smile:

I doubt I'll get one for Streatham :/ If I do i'll consider it, but the grades will definitely be higher and to be honest I prefer the atmosphere of the Cornwall Campus :smile: What about you?
I doubt I'll get one for Streatham :/ If I do i'll consider it, but the grades will definitely be higher and to be honest I prefer the atmosphere of the Cornwall Campus :smile: What about you?

I'm unsure really- I don't want to consider it too much, as if I am rejected (likely) that will make my decision for me anyway.

Yes, I take your point- I haven't visited Exeter Streatham campus yet but I have heard that there is a bit of a private-school atmosphere there. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing though, but I do wonder whether I would fit in there or not. :smile:
Reply 14
I'm unsure really- I don't want to consider it too much, as if I am rejected (likely) that will make my decision for me anyway.

Yes, I take your point- I haven't visited Exeter Streatham campus yet but I have heard that there is a bit of a private-school atmosphere there. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing though, but I do wonder whether I would fit in there or not. :smile:

That's exactly what made me a bit concerned about going, I know a few people who have gone and felt like there was a lot of bitchiness and gossiping, which I'm sure is only a few people, but I want a fun Uni experience haha :P
That's exactly what made me a bit concerned about going, I know a few people who have gone and felt like there was a lot of bitchiness and gossiping, which I'm sure is only a few people, but I want a fun Uni experience haha :P

Yep, Exeter Cornwall campus has a sort of arty side to it as well as Falmouth University is on the same site, which I think is quite cool- more of a variety of people, haha.

Do you have any ideas as to what you will pick as an insurance or are you unsure? :smile:
Hi guys I thought I would just jump in here to let you know I am currently a first year student at the cornwall campus studying geography, so if you have any questions about the uni I would be happy to answer them for you :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Hi guys I thought I would just jump in here to let you know I am currently a first year student at the cornwall campus studying geography, so if you have any questions about the uni I would be happy to answer them for you :smile:

Hi! Actually I was wondering about a few things if you don't mind me asking :smile: What do you do on the fresher's week at the Cornwall campus? I know that its longer than most but that's about it haha. Also do you find there's enough to do when you aren't in lectures/seminars etc? :smile: I'm slightly worried that I'll get quite bored inbetween; I'm applying for English so there isn't much contact time each week :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Yep, Exeter Cornwall campus has a sort of arty side to it as well as Falmouth University is on the same site, which I think is quite cool- more of a variety of people, haha.

Do you have any ideas as to what you will pick as an insurance or are you unsure? :smile:

Yeah that's why I liked Cornwall aswell, a lot of the courses are very science based so some arty people will be good! :smile: umm I'm not sure yet, I only have one offer lower than Cornwall, and I'm not sure if I want to go there so I might not put one down :smile: What about you?
Original post by Ellie_May :)

Hi

I'm currently in year 12, and beginning to look at options for Uni. I currently want to study Geography at uni (Human) but am worried that you need a science at ALevel? I am currently studying geography, history, english Literature and French. Do you think that this would hinder my application that I am not doing a science?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending