The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medicine Man

Rheum Consultant: Ok, tell me about Benzene rings...
Me: Erm...right....*VERY, VERY long and awkward silence*

Which criteria does this fulfil? Doctor as a scholar or doctor as a scientist? :awesome:
Original post by Hippokrates
Bit a a rant/ gloat.

My job rang me up earlier this week to tell me if I didn't work one day I week I had to leave (it is 2 and a half hours from uni). Obviously they're just making the rules up as they go along because I didn't work the whole of my first term. So I rang up head office to complain ( I work at Asda) and they told me to write a grievance letter to the store manager before I could take it any further. They were pretty shocked that I couldn't take it up with the store though and with the way I'd been treated. Anyway this happened on Wednesday. Apparently yesterday the manager was sent home for two weeks and they have a stand in. So I hope this is all my fault after the way I was treated, but the store was a shambles and they could have been sent home for any number of reasons.

Also how did the Medlink people know my real name, scary.

i worked in asda every holiday in the first 3 years of uni.

Rule certainly didn't exist back then.
Original post by Jamie
i worked in asda every holiday in the first 3 years of uni.

Rule certainly didn't exist back then.

I think they're trying to get rid of me because they don't want to admit their mistakes. That store is a mess it's the worst in the region and the management is horrific.
Reply 183
My job is 2.5 hours away too, and they said they couldn't let me do only one day a week. So I put down for two and take one off as leave as often as I can!
Original post by munkie
My job is 2.5 hours away too, and they said they couldn't let me do only one day a week. So I put down for two and take one off as leave as often as I can!

The biggest problem is that it cost £55 one way to get home.
Saturday evening of Rheum. I am so cool.
Reply 186
Original post by maherro
New thread eh? You feckers better keep posting. Reading this is my preferred procrastination tool and I've got just over three weeks til my end of GEM exams.

And for Democracy: 2nd year GEM at Notts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Done :yy:
My SSM is almost certainly going to involve some weekend shifts in March. A society I want to get involved in is holding weekend events throughout March. What are the odds that my shifts clash with every single one?
Writing up my first Audit... feel like I'm about to write some horrible, jumbled up mess.
Reply 189
Sometimes, I can't help but feel like there's no justice in the world. It just isn't fair.

Why did these guys have to split after their debut album? :frown:
Reply 190
Got an offer for an elective place in Sydney! Great times.
Original post by Beska

University of Sydney? Central or Concord clinical school?
Reply 192
Original post by Caponester
University of Sydney? Central or Concord clinical school?

Central!
Original post by Beska

Thought you were 3rd yr going into intercalated?! When do you go on elective?
Reply 194
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Thought you were 3rd yr going into intercalated?! When do you go on elective?

Elective is end of 4th year (i.e. end of next academic year) and I'm intercalating after 4th year (after I come back from the elective)
Original post by Beska
Elective is end of 4th year (i.e. end of next academic year) and I'm intercalating after 4th year (after I come back from the elective)

Does that cut your options since a lot of places are "must be in final year of medical degree"?
Reply 196
Original post by Hippokrates
Does that cut your options since a lot of places are "must be in final year of medical degree"?

We are technically in our last year since we've finished 4th year by the time we go onto the elective, and the elective is assessed as part of 5th year. Most Aus places allow final or penultimate years anyway, so either way I'm covered.
Reply 197
Original post by Beska

:O 1/3 chances that we might be classmate in 5th year :smile:
Reply 198
Original post by Beska

Say hello to the funnel-web spider.
What are the best anatomy flash cards for nottingham?

Latest

Trending

Trending