The Student Room Group

Should i drop GCSE statistics?

in year 11.I currently have a B for both core and addtional science and maths(3 gcses).I originally done statistics because i had to fill in my maths period.After getting my maths grade i was pretty happy last week.I was okay to continue.

But considering i am currently a grade D in geography and i do art gcse,im considering dropping gcse statistics because;

I feel like i just have loads of gcse exams in May(20)
If i drop statistics i can get a total of 11 Gcses
I feel like i could do with allot more time to revise,making every min count
i feel like the coursework is taking long and i cant really ask for help(lose marks)
I want to be a psychologist. I've decided on biology,psychology,business studies and English literature so i don't really see the point of doing statistics since its not directly related to any subject.Also i have technically done double the amount of research(needed 60 i done 120 by accident) so my coursework is even longer....
Should i drop statistics?
Is 11 gcses a good thing?

I've also realized that my class is two chapters ahead in biology due to my teaching skipping stuff,so if i quit il use that time to take notes as well.A new teacher came in and started us on a entirely new topic B3.3 when we were on B3 1.2 and i only just found out because we got our books today.

Reply 1
any1?
Reply 2
Original post by scrawlx101
in year 11.I currently have a B for both core and addtional science and maths(3 gcses).I originally done statistics because i had to fill in my maths period.After getting my maths grade i was pretty happy last week.I was okay to continue.

But considering i am currently a grade D in geography and i do art gcse,im considering dropping gcse statistics because;

I feel like i just have loads of gcse exams in May(20)
If i drop statistics i can get a total of 11 Gcses
I feel like i could do with allot more time to revise,making every min count
i feel like the coursework is taking long and i cant really ask for help(lose marks)
I want to be a psychologist. I've decided on biology,psychology,business studies and English literature so i don't really see the point of doing statistics since its not directly related to any subject.Also i have technically done double the amount of research(needed 60 i done 120 by accident) so my coursework is even longer....
Should i drop statistics?
Is 11 gcses a good thing?

I've also realized that my class is two chapters ahead in biology due to my teaching skipping stuff,so if i quit il use that time to take notes as well.A new teacher came in and started us on a entirely new topic B3.3 when we were on B3 1.2 and i only just found out because we got our books today.

If you're serious about Psychology you'll want to take A Level Maths with Statistics as optional modules. Taking GCSE Statistics would be a great advantage and provide a strong basis for the Statistics A Level modules.

Quick Reply

Latest