The Student Room Group
I do - I'm finding my work exp very interesting as well.

To be honest though, studying it at degree level has reduced some of my enthusiasm. I work my socks off and never feel like I've done particularly well.
I think its great! Its not just loads of reading cos you can really appreciate its effects on your life. How many subjects can you really do that with? You will enjoy it alot more once you have done it for a while though and get goodat it.. I loved it this year whereas in first year I wasnt massively keen cos I wasnt getting particularly great marks...
Its great if you stay dedicated- boring if you don't throw the hours in
Reply 4
I enjoyed it, although there were some nights when I wondered why I hadn't chosen an easier degree.

Law is fun, yes even reading the reports is fun!!
Reply 5
Yeah, love it. Love the all-nighters, the continuous stream of work, the constant feeling of intellectual inadequacy, the sound of fellow students reciting various sections of PACE on nights out...Ooooh yeah.

*Very* glad to be graduating.
I first looked at this thread and thought "Hmm, that's a silly question to be asking in a Law forum, of course people that are here enjoy it..." but actually from reading some of the posts in this forum, it appears that not all Law students actually do enjoy it.

I thought I was really set on applying for Law this year, but I'm questioning myself. Argh TSR confusing me!!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
There was a 4.30am moment before my European Law exam when I seriously contemplated joining the circus.
Reply 8
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Its not just loads of reading cos you can really appreciate its effects on your life. How many subjects can you really do that with?

Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Sociology, History, Politics, and a whole load of other subjects. :p:
Reply 9
I do really enjoy law, I enjoyed my degree and also my work experience placements. I appreciate law is a well respected degree, but in my opinion, if you didn't enjoy it even a little bit, it would be really difficult to do well and so defeat the object of doing it at all.

Yes there is a lot of continuous work, reading and sacrificing nights out occasionally for a difficult module, but for me, the sense of achievement of mastering something I found interesting and stimulting was well worth it :redface: . And LauraWalker is spot on - if you keep up with the work, its great, but as soon as you fall behind, it can be game over. :frown:

I also enjoy the structure of the following career, ie, I am following the path of a solicitor, and I like knowing what I have to do ie vac scheme applications by end Jan, then training contract applications, LPC etc etc. However I appreciate this might not suit some people, but for me, knowing what the next goal was helped me keep my focus throughout uni.:cool:

Yes it was hard work, yes sometimes I wondered why I wasn't being a teacher or a horse groom (my "other" careers! :rolleyes: ) but now, sitting here waiting to graduate on Saturday, waiting for my LPC to start at at wicked uni with cool people (yes that includes you Jim :wink: ) and knowing I have a TC secured with the firm I so desperately wanted, I'm so pleased I did it. :smile:
Reply 10
I do enjoy it, I think I'd enjoy it even more if I put a lot of work into it so I could keep up.

The point is, a law degree is hard work. While I enjoy the subject, and talking about it and even reading about it, I don't particularly enjoy hard work, along with most other people. The reason I haven't once regretted choosing law is that I know there's a worthwhile and interesting common theme to the hard work.
Reply 11
Ron Stoppable
:rofl: You were in such a state that morning and still managed to look wonderful when you waltzed out the door. And despite the profanities Henry voiced about the exam, I bet you aced it just like your criminal law! Anyway, how's sunny Brighton, pet? I've sorted out my big sitch and am back to lastSummer-ness. :biggrin:

Well hello trouble :biggrin:

(Sorry everyone - a random appearance from my ex flatmate!)

I must of looked a state that morning, I hadn't slept in 48 hours!!!
Loving Brighton thankyou, topping up the tan! :smile: (Off to Verona soon... Eek!)

You sorted your situation?!?! Oh tell all! (Via PM...)

Now be gone from the Law forums!!!! This is my hangout..

Jo xxxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending