The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Accommodation 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AidanWalsh
Just got my accommodation at Windsor Terrace, not sure what to think of it? :confused:

I'm at Windsor terrace too :biggrin: I'm quite happy about it :-)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by dave3094
I'm at Windsor terrace too :biggrin: I'm quite happy about it :-)

Really, im in room 1 flat 8b, Gurnsey House. You?
Really, im in room 1 flat 8b, Gurnsey House. You?

Fife House, room 5, 9a! Why aren't you looking forward to it?
Fife House, room 5, 9a! Why aren't you looking forward to it?

Went up on Friday and wasn't to impressed with the bedroom that's all, kitchen looked spot on though, sure it will be fine.
Do you guys think its worth paying the full accommodation costs up front to get money off? And is anyone opting out of the sports membership?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went up on Friday and wasn't to impressed with the bedroom that's all, kitchen looked spot on though, sure it will be fine.

Ah ok! What course you doing?
Original post by Philippamalko
Do you guys think its worth paying the full accommodation costs up front to get money off? And is anyone opting out of the sports membership?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've opted not to... I'm just going to budget carefully and make sure I have enough for 3 instalments... A 2% discount didn't seem worth it to me!

I opted in... But you get 3 weeks to cancel from the start of the year to get a full refund!
Everyone that got their accommodation offers back, by any chance are you guys unconditional?
Ah ok! What course you doing?

Computer science, you? Yeah unconditional
I got my accommodation offer today too, Room 1 Flat 10C, Fife House, Windsor Terrace. I'm really happy about it!
Reply 190
Original post by KawaKawa
Everyone that got their accommodation offers back, by any chance are you guys unconditional?

Probably i'm still waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KawaKawa

Yes, it's only the unconditional offer holders that are getting their accommodation offers this early I believe :smile:
Original post by diggy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Lauren007
Yes, it's only the unconditional offer holders that are getting their accommodation offers this early I believe :smile:

Ah right, cheers.
Original post by diggy

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't get your accommodation confirmed until results day if you haven't got the grades yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've opted not to... I'm just going to budget carefully and make sure I have enough for 3 instalments... A 2% discount didn't seem worth it to me!

I opted in... But you get 3 weeks to cancel from the start of the year to get a full refund!

I thought I read somewhere it was a refund minus the admin costs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my accommodation confirmed today at Berwick House, Havelock Hall in Castle Leazes.

I'm doing Computing Science :smile:
I thought I read somewhere it was a refund minus the admin costs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, idk.. The price breakdown for my accommodation just said 2% discount - nothing about admin fees though... I've probably slipped up and lost myself £££ :colondollar:

Computer science, you? Yeah unconditional

Biomed :smile:
Oh, idk.. The price breakdown for my accommodation just said 2% discount - nothing about admin fees though... I've probably slipped up and lost myself £££ :colondollar:

For the sports membership it says 'there is a 14 day cooling off period. Refunds less a £20.00 administration fee will only be given up to 14 days after taking out membership. Refunds can only be given once within the membership year.'

I was going to keep the membership thinking it meant access to a gym but thats only on the gold package not silver so I decided against it
For the sports membership it says 'there is a 14 day cooling off period. Refunds less a £20.00 administration fee will only be given up to 14 days after taking out membership. Refunds can only be given once within the membership year.'

I was going to keep the membership thinking it meant access to a gym but thats only on the gold package not silver so I decided against it

There's a gold package upgrade though from the silver membership I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't accept my accommodation offer within 7 days because I forgot when it expired so they said it had been withdrawn and I wouldn't get another choice, thank goodness they sent me an extension of a week to get it done otherwise I would have been homeless for a year haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending