The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not surprised. I think it was going to happen regardless of this seasons results with the likes of Evra and Vidic. SAF's retirement was the end of an era.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown:
Reply 582
Weird time to announce that, and weird to even announce it at all. Well, with this much of the season left anyway. Pretty bad for United to lose him on a free but they should've sold in Jan if they knew this.
Vidic :frown:
Original post by xDave-
Weird time to announce that, and weird to even announce it at all. Well, with this much of the season left anyway. Pretty bad for United to lose him on a free but they should've sold in Jan if they knew this.

We wouldn't have got much, and it's not worth replacing our most important CB in the middle of the season.
I've got a couple cool friends that are Arsenal fans, but then I come on the internet and see the arrogance. I prefer Chelsea over them, but I think they'll come up a bit short. Probably next season. Mourinho is also easy to like for me.
Damn, Vidic. I guess the new era will begin next season. We could lose so much experience this summer.
Original post by NathanW18
Damn, Vidic. I guess the new era will begin next season. We could lose so much experience this summer.

DM's got a massive job trying to replace so many first team players this summer. We'll need a LB, CB, CM, winger and that's not even considering the amount of squad players who could be leaving, and potentially not having Champions League football to offer.

Rooney will probably be made captain now.
Feels like there's bad news every week this season. Of all the days for Vidic/the club to drop this bomb on us...
Original post by sr90
DM's got a massive job trying to replace so many first team players this summer. We'll need a LB, CB, CM, winger and that's not even considering the amount of squad players who could be leaving, and potentially not having Champions League football to offer.

Rooney will probably be made captain now.

He better earn his pay cheque. He's lucky enough to still be in the job. He has to get it right in the summer.

Rooney being captain will disgust me. It will definitely happen, though.
I'm really looking forward to next season now :smile:
Agree with mostly all the postet regarding who we'd like to see winning the PL this season. I'd rather Chelsea won it over Man City (obvious reasons) and Arsenal. Arsenal fans are so far up thier own arses on the internet although most of the fans i know who are mates are really cool though

Regarding Vida, it really is an end of an era. We're losing Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand (most likely), Giggs (will be 41 but you never know he may continue). So much experience will be leaving our club in the summer. DM has a huge huge job in replacing those players and finding suitable CB, LB, 2 CMs and probably a striker if Hernandez leaves. Im shattered that Vidic is leaving, i always wanted him to stay and retire at the club. He truely was a fan favourite and will so miss those full hearted tackles he would go into, like the one against Walker earlier this season xD.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Feels like there's bad news every week this season. Of all the days for Vidic/the club to drop this bomb on us...

The bad news just doesnt stop :frown: , hopefully we make top 4 to ease our worries.
Original post by Kruz
I'm really looking forward to next season now :smile:

Its exciting to see United go into a new era although its daunting aswell since we have DM as our manager and as things are standing currently it looks grim
One of Fergie's best ever signings without a doubt
I don't see the advantage of Inter over us?
Mayne Vida leaving is a suggestion he doesn't see a future with DM and probs wants to call it quits? Or perhaps, he's serve Utd long enough and feels it's time for a change late on in his career? Whatever the reasons, I wish him the best. Been a great servant. Evra, Ferdinand and Giggs are all gone in the summer. Possibly even Hernandez as well. Something tells me RVP will also want to leave, if a club comes in for him (this is of we don't have champions league). But yh, DM has a massive job on his hands. I'm sure if results don't go out way, he'll use the excuse that players need time to "gel" together.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Phil Jones will be twice the player Vidic ever was
Original post by manchesterunited15
One of Fergie's best ever signings without a doubt

Fully agree, he was one of the main reasons as to why we won the PL in 2010-2011 season. Really going to miss vida :frown:
Original post by manchesterunited15
I don't see the advantage of Inter over us?

Probably wants a new challenge. Honestly i will be absolutely ****ed off if United chose not to offer him a new contract.

Latest