The Student Room Group

Do you let your cat/dog sleep on your bed with you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I couldn't be with someone who didn't like my cats sleeping on the bed with us. I'm lucky to have found someone who is as much of a cat person as I am though lol
Reply 41
I let my cats sleep on my bed. When I had a dog I didnt let him because he was too big, if he was smaller then I would have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
When I lived with my parents in Spain I had to get a king sized bed so my 3 rescue dogs could all fit into the bed with me. They weight 16kg, 36kg and 38kg, so as you can probably guess 2 of them are pretty big.

Initially they weren't allowed into the bed, but when I took in Luca (my last rescue dog), she was terrified of everything. This included my other 2 dogs and the rest of my family. The only way that I seemed to be able to make her stop urinating on the floor, scratching the door and whimpering through the night was to let her sleep in my bed. And of course the other two dogs slowly worked their way in as well.... One big happy family!
At the end of the bed, yes
I would never sleep with a cat or dog on my bed. I'd buy their own bed for them.

I'd never have a pet in the first place though.
Reply 45
Nibbler loves to hog my bed and bf lol
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xsophx
It depends, though as im away from home my cat sleeps on my bed now. He doesnt leave me alone when i am back home.

This is what happened with me.
Our dog was never on the beds, but while I was away at uni she started sleeping on my always empty bed.

I didn't have the heart to kick her off after 3 years of thinking she's allowed, so she stays most of the time. Its a double bed, so there is room.
My two cats, yes, but not my dog. He's too crazy (he's a 9 week old puppy, hyper as ****). I won't let him when he's older either though. My bed is reserved for cats only :wink:
Reply 48
It depends, though as im away from home my cat sleeps on my bed now. He doesnt leave me alone when i am back home.
I'm allergic to my cat because she's long furred but she's just so adorable so I can't help but want to cuddle it. It's worth the itchy eyes and sneezes ;D
Reply 50
No it's gross. Plus I still remember the holes my family cat made in my toes when he snuck into my room one night :frown:
My boyfriend's cat gets jealous when we have sex and tries to bumble in between us - the other just sits in the corner of the room giving us dirty looks.

If we have pets when we live together then they are strictly to be kept outside the bedroom.
Nope, our dogs live downstairs and my cat can't climb up to my bed (there's a short ladder).
Original post by barnetlad
At the end of the bed, yes

Everything else were too much of a good thing for a cat or dog. In my circle of acquaintances there is a woman who is sleeping with her dog in her bed, although the pet urinates during sleeping...
I have 7 dogs, I wouldn't know who to pick :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The first holiday I was back home my dog was so ecstatic to see me I let him sleep in my bed the first night. This is an Alsatian that weighs as much as I do and sheds fur all over the place though so that was a one-time thing :tongue:
Original post by Lucy96
I have 7 dogs, I wouldn't know who to pick :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could have them all in a line? You might not fit in yourself, but that's just a minor technicality :tongue:

But my dog's not allowed upstairs or on furniture, so definitely not on my bed. I have gone to sleep in hers before though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by desdemonata
The first holiday I was back home my dog was so ecstatic to see me I let him sleep in my bed the first night. This is an Alsatian that weighs as much as I do and sheds fur all over the place though so that was a one-time thing :tongue:

Are you not afraid of that your dog do his business in your bed? or is the Alsatian housebroken?
Original post by Kallisto
Are you not afraid of that your dog do his business in your bed? or is the Alsatian housebroken?

:lol: if he weighs as much as I do that means he's old enough to have been trained! I don't think he's particularly well-trained, but he's definitely housebroken and he knows some tricks (which seems to amaze most other dog owners :dontknow:).

Edit: should probably clarify that where my parents' house is allows it to be surrounded by a garden, which made housetraining much easier.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
You could have them all in a line? You might not fit yourself, but that's just a minor technicality :tongue:

But my dog's not allowed upstairs or on furniture, so definitely not on my bed. I have gone to sleep in hers before though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that'd be great! :tongue: oh yeah that wouldn't matter at all :teehee:

Aww :h: haha what?! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I let my cat sleep at the foot of my bed on my bed spread but not on my pillows or duvet- that just crosses the line.

Quick Reply

Latest