The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by VictoriaHarriet
Surely you already have a suit??! Haha

Not one that I can fit in :biggrin:
I have got through to the interview stage at Leeds!
Anyone else got through to that stage?
There's a centre in Leeds? Wonder why I'm going York when I applied north west :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgiaMc23
There's a centre in Leeds? Wonder why I'm going York when I applied north west :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep!
Thats strange! There was only around 20 people who got through to the Assesment centre for Leeds!
Edit:

Just checked online and it is two different options!

Yorkshire & Humberside

Business Administration

Finance

North West

Business Administration

Finance

Information Technology
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone applied for the tax professional apprenticeship scheme by HMRC?
(edited 10 years ago)
Maybe they can accommodate more in york, cause I checked my application and it's definitely north west

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
Anyone applied for the tax professional apprenticeship scheme by HMRC?

Nope, sounds interesting. Could you provide me with a link please? :colondollar:
Yep sure here's the link - the closing date for applications was 21st March: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi?SID=b3duZXI9NTA1MDAwMCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZqY29kZT0xNDA1NDI3Jg== (you need to login to see the details - signing up takes a few seconds or you could see the spoiler below)

Spoiler

I done the tests haven't heard back from them yet :/

Oh, I wish I knew about this scheme earlier. You can never have too many options to choose from.

On a side note, I wonder what the written exercise will be like on the assessment day.
Original post by Feministdiva
Oh, I wish I knew about this scheme earlier. You can never have too many options to choose from.

On a side note, I wonder what the written exercise will be like on the assessment day.

Yh true! where else have you applied to i you don't mind me asking? I just can't seem to find other good Apprenticeship schemes.

The written exercise is really tough! but for what scheme are you referring to?
(edited 10 years ago)
I saw that a 45 minute written exam!
Heck knows!

I mean I prefer to type stuff then write it so I'm nervous about that!
Yh true! where else have you applied to i you don't mind me asking? I just can't seem to find other good Apprenticeship schemes.

The written exercise is really tough! but for what scheme are you referring to?

The civil service scheme coming up next week :tongue:

I've applied for a few local schemes in accountancy, tax, things of that ilk. You're right it is very hard to find good apprenticeship schemes, unless you're interested in doing a trade. Being a feministdiva and all I somehow doubt that a trade is the right thing for me :biggrin:

I hear the interview next week will be competency-based. Hopefully they don't quiz us on anything outside of the stuff we've already written on our applications or I may get a case of the stutters. :angry:
Going to the Assessment centre in Leeds this Tuesday, so scared :eek:

I've just been doing mind maps & things with the competencies as subjects? I've managed to think of a few things I can use as examples for them all but don't know if they're any good? Any better ideas?

Does anybody know what to expect for the written & group task?
Going to the London assessment tomorrow at 1! So so nervous - girls is anyone wearing heels? Definitely don't want to rock up in them alone haha! The interview is making me most nervous - I really want this
Reply 153
Original post by Sarahmaria123
Going to the London assessment tomorrow at 1! So so nervous - girls is anyone wearing heels? Definitely don't want to rock up in them alone haha! The interview is making me most nervous - I really want this

Do let us know how you get on :biggrin:
Original post by Sarahmaria123

Haha im wearing heels too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Is anyone going to the Portsmouth assessment centre? I'm so nervous!
Soo nervous for tomorrow! Anyone else going to be at the London assessment centre at 9?
Reply 157
Original post by Gracefitz96
Soo nervous for tomorrow! Anyone else going to be at the London assessment centre at 9?

Going to the London assessment center at 1, shaking already!
Reply 158
Original post by rickybenton
Going to the Assessment centre in Leeds this Tuesday, so scared :eek:

I've just been doing mind maps & things with the competencies as subjects? I've managed to think of a few things I can use as examples for them all but don't know if they're any good? Any better ideas?

Does anybody know what to expect for the written & group task?

I'm at the assessment centre in Leeds tomorrow too, at one

Really scared!
Original post by jodie273
I'm at the assessment centre in Leeds tomorrow too, at one

Really scared!

aw I'm there at 9!! Up at 5:45 to top things off 😰 best of luck! Let me know how you get on 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending