The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Picked a 3 year course and now I changed my mind.

I now want to do a year in the industry, my interview is coming up in March. Do you think they will let me switch from a 3 year course to a sandwich course?

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Don't see why not
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
They should do. :smile: I'm not sure about year in industry programmes, but for years abroad, they'll let you sign up for it in your first and even second year.
Original post by Seriumt9
I now want to do a year in the industry, my interview is coming up in March. Do you think they will let me switch from a 3 year course to a sandwich course?

Thanks

Often they will let you yes :smile: My step brother applied for a year in industry but then decided not to, so he was allowed to do it in 3 years :yep:
Hi,

On most courses you would be able to opt into the year in industry within your first year. The main difference is if you get student finance for 3 or 4 years. The earlier you decide you want to do the fourth year the better, and If you haven't got your student finance application in yet, it would be best to apply for it as a four year course.

It is much easier to decide later to only take three years of funding rather than ask for an extra year. With that said, you have your first year to apply for the extra year student finance, however it's not guaranteed that they will extend it, so the sooner you do that side of things the better.

good luck,

Aaron
Recruitment officer

Original post by Seriumt9

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending