The Student Room Group

Nottingham Pharmacy interview HELP!

Ok so has any of you been to the interview? I don't know what Integrating science and clinical practice means, what do they mean by that? I am paranoid and scared because I have so much to do right now and now the interview, I have no idea how to prepare! Thanks! Take care
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by buzzybee143
Ok so has any of you been to the interview? Can you tell me what kind of questions do they ask? And what's up with the 7 stations, I don't know what Integrating science and clinical practice means, what do they mean by that? I am paranoid and scared because I have so much to do right now and now the interview, I have no idea how to prepare! Thanks! Take care

My friend went to one two weeks ago. It's not too difficult. I think she said she found the interview a bit difficult. She found her notts interview more difficult than her kings' one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by john2618
I found the interview for pharmacy at Nottingham quite intense

you may want to edit this so you dont get a blue card :confused: thats why my answer is not particularly helpful, unfair advantage etc XD
Reply 3
Original post by FlyHigh_er
you may want to edit this so you dont get a blue card :confused: thats why my answer is not particularly helpful, unfair advantage etc XD

I completely agree that people shouldn't be put at an unfair advantage but I don't think that would put anyone at an advantage to be honest, no interview questions were mentioned, it just says what the group task is about but the idea of the group task is so they can see how you communicate with each other, not how fast you can all get to the answer :smile:

Drives me mad when people post all of the questions they were asked, or when they pm you like 'hi ive got a nottingham interview tell me the questions they asked please' :rolleyes:
Original post by demetria
I completely agree that people shouldn't be put at an unfair advantage but I don't think that would put anyone at an advantage to be honest, no interview questions were mentioned, it just says what the group task is about but the idea of the group task is so they can see how you communicate with each other, not how fast you can all get to the answer :smile:

Drives me mad when people post all of the questions they were asked, or when they pm you like 'hi ive got a nottingham interview tell me the questions they asked please' :rolleyes:

aha, i got a blue card and they edited mine, oh well, its not me that needed the help and lol she doesnt even reply XD loool using others for advantage like someone would want you to have better advantages than them in the interview they did :rolleyes:

was it really that bad though? my friends said she found it quite hard as well.

where else did you apply?
Reply 5
aha, i got a blue card and they edited mine, oh well, its not me that needed the help and lol she doesnt even reply XD loool using others for advantage like someone would want you to have better advantages than them in the interview they did :rolleyes:

was it really that bad though? my friends said she found it quite hard as well.

where else did you apply?

You'd be surprised! People who haven't even got offers yet are telling other people the exact questions asked. And then of course a lot of people do get offers and thing 'ah well it doesn't affect me anymore if I tell other people the answers', I was on the very first day of Nottingham interviews so I didn't have a clue what could be asked and then got put on hold, and had to sit and wait whilst other interviewees were being told exactly what questions will come up :rolleyes:

And no I thought it was fine to be honest but I'd prepped all the pharmacy related questions really well. Struggled a bit with the chemistry questions but that's my fault for not revising properly. I've applied for Notts, Birmingham, Keele, Aston and Durham :smile: you?
You'd be surprised! People who haven't even got offers yet are telling other people the exact questions asked. And then of course a lot of people do get offers and thing 'ah well it doesn't affect me anymore if I tell other people the answers', I was on the very first day of Nottingham interviews so I didn't have a clue what could be asked and then got put on hold, and had to sit and wait whilst other interviewees were being told exactly what questions will come up :rolleyes:

And no I thought it was fine to be honest but I'd prepped all the pharmacy related questions really well. Struggled a bit with the chemistry questions but that's my fault for not revising properly. I've applied for Notts, Birmingham, Keele, Aston and Durham :smile: you?

so unfair, and some people dont bother doing any work because they know what's coming up and sounds easier than it is, but anyway hopefully you'll get an offer. is that where you want to go?

Geology, I applied to UCL, Bristol (most likely firm), Manchester (most likely insurance), Birmingham, and Durharm (withdrew today). Offers from the first four.
Reply 7
so unfair, and some people dont bother doing any work because they know what's coming up and sounds easier than it is, but anyway hopefully you'll get an offer. is that where you want to go?

Geology, I applied to UCL, Bristol (most likely firm), Manchester (most likely insurance), Birmingham, and Durharm (withdrew today). Offers from the first four.

I do have an offer now :smile: They put me on hold for a while but I got an offer in the end, so that's all 5 now :smile: And congrats!
I do have an offer now :smile: They put me on hold for a while but I got an offer in the end, so that's all 5 now :smile: And congrats!

oh right, wow, so where do you think you're going? have you firmed?

Reply 9
oh right, wow, so where do you think you're going? have you firmed?

Nottingham or Birmingham, I probably wont end up firming one till the deadline haha, Keele will probably be my insurance
Nottingham or Birmingham, I probably wont end up firming one till the deadline haha, Keele will probably be my insurance

Fair enough, if u don't firm after visiting Bristol I'll stress out. Once it's done it's done. Are they all AAB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Fair enough, if u don't firm after visiting Bristol I'll stress out. Once it's done it's done. Are they all AAB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys I didn't mean to get any answers I just kinda hoped to know what the clinical stuff even means :smile: I found it online now though, so please don't feel that I tried to get your answers or anything. I already asked my teacher what that stuff means so it's all good
Reply 12
Guys I didn't mean to get any answers I just kinda hoped to know what the clinical stuff even means :smile: I found it online now though, so please don't feel that I tried to get your answers or anything. I already asked my teacher what that stuff means so it's all good

Don't worry I wasn't referring to you :smile: I was talking about people who just pm me or post on the 2014 applicants page saying 'tell me all the questions and what answers you gave', so rude haha I don't even bother replying to them

Sorry if it seemed that way, not you! Lol, my answer got moderated (a bit too much info) XD good luck with the interview though! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending