The Student Room Group

Best maths mock preparation

hello i am having a mock exam next wednesday currently i am on holiday and i do not get back till the day before the exam , I am doing past papers ( november 2013) and i am getting low grades at grade D i need to study higher no matter what for the rest of year 10 and 11 and i just dont know what to revise

the teachers are saying the exam paper will be a past paper so would it possible november 2013 paper ?

whats best way to revise ( 2 hours a day is what i do )

Help?
Just copy out the revision guide! I find that if i write something down I am more likely to remeber it that if i just read. You are already doing past papers which would have been my other tip!

Good Luck
Justemilyhere xxx
Reply 2
would my mock exam be a november 2013 paper??
Could be either June 2013 or November 2013. Erm try doing past papers (without the mark scheme lol) and any questions you get stuck on or can't do use your textbook or guide to help you learn how to do it.
Reply 4
Original post by amahmoud0129
would my mock exam be a november 2013 paper??

probably, but if your teacher is sneaky it could be a mix of papers :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Don't do past papers.

Find the Mathswatch cd online, download it, go through everything. THEN start past papers.

= Guaranteed A minimum.
The teacher's probably going to use the mock paper provided btw, which students don't have access to online
IMO, past papers are no substitute for a proper understanding of the content. Mindlessly doing past papers will not get you anywhere.

Spend your time learning the underlying concepts and theories behind everything and understanding WHY it works instead of just memorizing a bunch of stuff :biggrin:
Reply 8
thanks for replys i have mathswatch online , But how would i start , I need at least a B in this exam , i have a tutor every week and it is vital for me to get best grade i can for year 10

Best advice for using mathswatch
Original post by amahmoud0129
hello i am having a mock exam next wednesday currently i am on holiday and i do not get back till the day before the exam , I am doing past papers ( november 2013) and i am getting low grades at grade D i need to study higher no matter what for the rest of year 10 and 11 and i just dont know what to revise

the teachers are saying the exam paper will be a past paper so would it possible november 2013 paper ?

whats best way to revise ( 2 hours a day is what i do )

Help?

Hi. I would just do questions from different past papers and from your textbook. I find this is the most effective way to revise since simply knowing how to do it and actually practising your skills are 2 very different things. Try and tackle difficult questions as these are the ones most likely to come up in the exam. Hope this helped and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest