The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

National Express or Rail?

Hey all,
I was just wondering if anybody has any advice with regard to which option to pursue as my "secondary" from of transport.

I am from Liverpool, and my Dad should hopefully pick me up at the end of each semester and take me back as required. However I am thinking I will probably go home for say at least one weekend per month.

Therefore I am trying to decide whether to purchase the National Express NX2 card or the Young Person's Railcard... would coaching it be a lot less expensive and more convenient, or would they be essentially the same, so the train would be better (speed-wise)?

If somebody could let me know I would really appreciate it. I will be moving to make Lancaster my firm offer in the next few days.. my mind is set *waves to Sheffield* :tongue:

Kind Regards
John
Reply 1
Go the nationalexpress and rail websites put in lanc to liverpool they'll give you the journey times so yuo can see what is quicker or more straight forward. becuase i'm bored i just went on the NE website typed in a few examply weekends, a lot of them require you to change at manchester and or preston and only have one suitable journey a day. with that in mind, i havent checked Rail but i would say go with th railcard its gotta be more straight forward and quicker lol. Hope that helped a little bit.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah mate, I was thinking the same thing after checking the sites. Was just wondering if anybody has any direct experience from which they could advise me from ^^

Thanks for your advice :smile:
Reply 3
Okies... taking years to get home is definitely something I will be doing my best to avoid!
Reply 4
Nah they fixed the rail thing now on Sundays, before it was a train from Leeds to Manc Picadilly, then to Preston, then a coach to the Uni and then 'that walk'.

I personally would have given them my second year loan if they hadn't of sorted it out by Oct.

Latest

Trending

Trending