The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Accommodation at DMU

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KimJade
Hi :smile: I'm studying Q300 English, but staying in Bede. Any luck finding other people who are staying in Liberty Park?

Hey! I'm studying English AND staying in Bede, are you doing a joint or just English on its own?

Posted from TSR Mobile
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by KimJade
I did my provisional booking two days ago and confirmed booking yesterday (2nd June)
Where are you guys thinking of staying? :smile:

Hey I'm staying in Newarke Point you?
Reply 82
Original post by maddiepage
Hey I'm staying in Newarke Point you?

I'm staying in Bede, what are you going to study? :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by smellamcgrill
Hey! I'm studying English AND staying in Bede, are you doing a joint or just English on its own?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just English on its own, yourself? :smile:
Original post by KimJade
Just English on its own, yourself? :smile:

Same :smile: i've been worrying because so far all i've seen is people studying joint honours and I was thinking 'am I the weirdo for not studying another thing with English??' haha! So which block/floor are you in for Bede? I'm BD-A-1-01 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Same :smile: i've been worrying because so far all i've seen is people studying joint honours and I was thinking 'am I the weirdo for not studying another thing with English??' haha! So which block/floor are you in for Bede? I'm BD-A-1-01 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! I was thinking, oh god I hope I've made the right choice! I almost went for a joint honours but thought I'd rather have English on its own to get a broader understanding, rather than half focusing on creative writing or something. There's also a bit about having to do some legit stand up presentations that I know I'll hate but it'll be good for me to push myself :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason you picked Q300 rather than a joint honours?
I'm in BD-J-1-05 :biggrin: bloody block J! Oh well :')
Original post by KimJade
Same here! I was thinking, oh god I hope I've made the right choice! I almost went for a joint honours but thought I'd rather have English on its own to get a broader understanding, rather than half focusing on creative writing or something. There's also a bit about having to do some legit stand up presentations that I know I'll hate but it'll be good for me to push myself :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason you picked Q300 rather than a joint honours?
I'm in BD-J-1-05 :biggrin: bloody block J! Oh well :')

Aw shame, atleast we're in the same halls though, we'll most definitely bump into each other on our walks to lectures or something haha! Yeah I thought it'd be better to study English more thoroughly rather than a bit of this and a bit of that. Since I don't even know if I definitely want to go in to journalism, and we have a module on creative writing anyway :L oh God I didn't know about the presentations?! Think i'll have to prepare for those :s-smilie: aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Aw shame, atleast we're in the same halls though, we'll most definitely bump into each other on our walks to lectures or something haha! Yeah I thought it'd be better to study English more thoroughly rather than a bit of this and a bit of that. Since I don't even know if I definitely want to go in to journalism, and we have a module on creative writing anyway :L oh God I didn't know about the presentations?! Think i'll have to prepare for those :s-smilie: aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but if we share a class that's one person down and the rest to meet! :biggrin: Then we might not get lost so much, though even if that happened and we did get lost I always think it's much less mortifying if you're not alone when you have to walk into the room ten minutes late xD
And journalism? That sounds cool, you know, if you do go into it :smile: and if not there's loads you can do with an English degree. I personally want to go into teaching :biggrin: and yep, me too, but at least they won't be any harder than the level we'll be working at, so one we've done it, we've done it :smile:
So many posts about code ._.
Reply 89
Original post by KimJade
I'm staying in Bede, what are you going to study? :smile:

I'm studying English and Drama, you?
Reply 90
I'm studying English and Drama, you?

English on its own :smile:
if any girls are still looking for somewhere nice to stay, i've got an en suite room on an all girls floor in cityblock accommodation, right near town and dmu. it's room B5.02, really nice place! :smile:

more details and pictures here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.u​k/showthread.php?t=2742090
CODE studio flat £105 per week. 48 week contract. Untility bills (except electricity), cinema, snooker, Sky Sports and the gym all included. It's on Eastern Boulevard so around the corner from the DMU campus. Contact 07518677399 for details.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi I have a 2 bedroom flat and i need someone to take over the contract for either one or both of the rooms. The flat is Nelson Court which is located in the city centre and is close to uni. 5 mins from train station. It is a brand new building and so no summer rent to pay. only £100 week with internet and water bills included. TV, balcony, dishwasher and washing machine included. Please let me know asap if you are interested!

http://www.westmanorstudentliving.co.uk/properties/nelson-court/
I'm looking to go to DMU in September, but I'm wondering about how I apply for it? I have received a conditional offer from them, and I am about to firm up, does anybody know the dates for when you have to apply for the accommodation?

Yes probably i can help u out on this because i am joining in the same university too and I'm waiting for my CAS letter for visa
Hey i need an accommodation .. is it possible to take over when i come there? I will be coming on September 15 probably as my course in de Montfort university starts on 30th September
Hey are you still looking for an accommodation? I’ve got a room that needs to be taken over from September 2019 and I’ve already paid the deposit but I won’t be staying there any more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending