The Student Room Group

PGCE is not for me!

Does anyone else have the same problem ias me. i am into my second pgce placement, and i have absolutely hated every second of the course since beginning in september. I am seriously contemplating quitting, was wondering if anyone else felt like this. i seriously think that teaching is not for me!
Reply 1
Original post by plp0809
Does anyone else have the same problem ias me. i am into my second pgce placement, and i have absolutely hated every second of the course since beginning in september. I am seriously contemplating quitting, was wondering if anyone else felt like this. i seriously think that teaching is not for me!

Is the problem teaching.. or is it teaching at that specific placement?
Reply 2
ive hated it since i started the course really, i think its the teaching, not anything to do with the placement. just fed up of putting myself through it everyday when i am not happy at all! i think that if i had genuinely investigated other career paths i would not have even started the pgce and would have stayed in my job as a teaching assistant and then progressed into a different career.
Reply 3
Original post by plp0809
ive hated it since i started the course really, i think its the teaching, not anything to do with the placement. just fed up of putting myself through it everyday when i am not happy at all! i think that if i had genuinely investigated other career paths i would not have even started the pgce and would have stayed in my job as a teaching assistant and then progressed into a different career.

Prehaps time to re-evaluate then?

It may seem like a huge waste of time now, however on the grand scheme of things; theres no point continuing along a career you wont be happy in. Better to cut your losses now rather than in 10 years if you've hated every minute of it.

I dont believe teachers can do the job without enjoying it. It takes too much effort and commitment above and beyond the regular 9-5.
Reply 4
Original post by Reue
Prehaps time to re-evaluate then?

It may seem like a huge waste of time now, however on the grand scheme of things; theres no point continuing along a career you wont be happy in. Better to cut your losses now rather than in 10 years if you've hated every minute of it.

I dont believe teachers can do the job without enjoying it. It takes too much effort and commitment above and beyond the regular 9-5.

that is what im

thinking, what is the point in continuing when im hating every minute already!
Is it bad I think you should finish the year? Real teaching is NOTHING like pgce. This will be the hardest year of your life but maybe things will be different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending