The Student Room Group

Hull-York Medical School Offer Holders 2014

Hey HYMS offer holders, first of all, congratulations for all of your hard work; it has paid off!
You are one step closer to achieving the dream of becoming a doctor!
This forum has been set up to allow all offer holders to discuss their qualms, excitement and just to generally get to know each other.

Those who are currently working towards A-Levels, IB, Scottish Advanced Highers, etc keep focussed; you have the offer but you need the grades!

Hope to see you in September! :biggrin:

hyms-york.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jimmymacmog
Forum for all offer holders for Medicine at HYMS starting September 2014.

Yes. Good, AHS fan.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlston
Yes. Good, AHS fan.

Can you be more specific? SARAH PAULSON FAN; one beautiful woman! :colondollar:

But yes, all things AHS...ALL THINGS! :crazy:
Reply 3
Can you be more specific? SARAH PAULSON FAN; one beautiful woman! :colondollar:

But yes, all things AHS...ALL THINGS! :crazy:

Did you see her request vid to be on Chelsea Lately? I was screaming.
Reply 4
Did you see her request vid to be on Chelsea Lately? I was screaming.

Of course, the one with the vodka?:eek:
Hi guys! I've firmed HYMS :smile:
Reply 6
Firmed HYMS as well. Far too excited. Still can't believe it haha
Reply 7
Of course, the one with the vodka?:eek:

"What the friggity friggity ****?" (I think she's only been on CL once, anyways.)

Original post by bluepanda123
Hi guys! I've firmed HYMS :smile:

Original post by wamper111
Firmed HYMS as well. Far too excited. Still can't believe it haha

Wait ok how are you guys able to firm? Mine doesn't give me the option to do anything.
Reply 8
Woo! Hello peeps :smile:

I haven't heard back from all my unis yet but I'm expecting to be firming HYMS.
Still can't believe it!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Wait ok how are you guys able to firm? Mine doesn't give me the option to do anything.

Think you have to have heard from all your universities. If you go on track and click on your choices there should be an option to firm it. But yeah maybe you have to wait to hear from all your unis.
Reply 10
Think you have to have heard from all your universities. If you go on track and click on your choices there should be an option to firm it. But yeah maybe you have to wait to hear from all your unis.

Ah right okokok. Yeah, got 2 more decisions to go. So far so good! I'm really stressed out about choosing now.
Reply 11
Ah right okokok. Yeah, got 2 more decisions to go. So far so good! I'm really stressed out about choosing now.

Choooooooseeee HYMSSSSS.......

haha not that I'm biased at all. :rolleyes:

But seriously choose wherever you think you will be happiest :smile:
Hello everyone really well done to all of you! Got an offer myself so im proper chuffed too!

Still to hear back from Leicester, Durham and Manchester post interview but I'd be more than happy at HYMS.

Congrats again, maybe see you all in 7 months time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Btw my condition is providing my a2 certs, I read we have to fulfil conditions by 31st august… would I have to travel to York again ?!
Reply 14
Choooooooseeee HYMSSSSS.......

haha not that I'm biased at all. :rolleyes:

But seriously choose wherever you think you will be happiest :smile:

I know I know I know. I've been telling others that too. But it's just like, each school has SO many pros and cons and it's so hard to imagine that far down the road. Bleh. I know it makes me sound a little bit entitled but this is such a BIG decision and it's hard to bounce ideas off the NON-medical hopefuls in my life.
Reply 15
I'm waiting for St Andrews post interview, Edinburgh and Notts still to have interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by MedicalMike
Hello everyone really well done to all of you! Got an offer myself so im proper chuffed too!

Still to hear back from Leicester, Durham and Manchester post interview but I'd be more than happy at HYMS.

Congrats again, maybe see you all in 7 months time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting to hear back from Leicester too. To be honest I'm expecting a rejection from them.
Would be soooo happy with HYMS though!
I've only recently stopped running around in excitement :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I am more than likely firming HYMS, but haven't heard back from everywhere yet :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by g.k.galloway
I'm waiting to hear back from Leicester too. To be honest I'm expecting a rejection from them.
Would be soooo happy with HYMS though!
I've only recently stopped running around in excitement :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm STILL running around in excitement. Sometimes I'll get distracted and forget that I have an offer for a while, but when it clicks back in again, I get another renewed jolt of excitement.
Reply 19
I'm STILL running around in excitement. Sometimes I'll get distracted and forget that I have an offer for a while, but when it clicks back in again, I get another renewed jolt of excitement.

Yesterday when I got the offer I couldn't control my arms and they'd just shoot into a fist in the air. It was scary but amazing.

I HAVE AN OFFER, I really can't believe it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending