The Student Room Group

Dissertation **** up: How bad?

Hi,

First time I have ever posted on here but I am stressssed out of my mind.

I have just handed in my dissertation.

Upon looking back over it I realised that I had forgot to put page numbers on two of the footnotes and duffed one up totally .

This was out of over three hundred footnotes.

I am so worried that my footnote foibles are going to smash down my grade overall in my dissertation.

The rest of it I think is sound. It is just this one thing.

Can anyone tell me how much of a difference it will make?

Part of why I am so stressed out about it is that I just can't break 65 this year (and its my final year) despite actually working harder than previous years!

Does anyone have any tips to remedy this in my last months?

I got a low 2:1 in second year fyi.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by S.N.A.F.U
Hi,

Upon looking back over it I realised that I had forgot to put page numbers on two of the footnotes and duffed one up totally .

I am so worried that my footnote foibles are going to smash down my grade overall in my dissertation.

Part of why I am so stressed out about it is that I just can't break 65 this year (and its my final year) despite actually working harder than previous years!

Hi
Welcome to TSR!
To be honest I don't know how much difference it will make.
All I can suggest is that you talk to your personal tutor about your situation.
Original post by S.N.A.F.U
Hi,

So you're saying that 3 footnotes were wrong, but all the rest were okay...?

I don't know how much this will affect your mark as I'm not a lecturer, but it might reassure you to know that I got a first on my dissertation despite having some almighty clangers like [INSERT FOOTNOTE HERE] and [REFERENCE NEEDED] in my final, bound print out!!

Either way, there is not much point stressing about it, but go and talk to your tutor. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending