The Student Room Group

How to revise effectively for the GCSE exams in May and June?

My exams start in May, around the 12th of May.
Till June.

Study leave starts in mid May.

I am doing:
Maths
English Lang
English Lit
Bio
Chem
Physics
Geography
Media Studies
Spanish

How long should I revise each day and how can I? I have so much of science. Because I am doing triple science, I have to revise for 21 chapters.
I have decided next month I am doing just past papers and nothing else.
So this month I want to spend revising. But how?

Any techniques? And please honestly tell me your GCSE Results and when you started revision, truthfully.

thanks, much appreciated x
Reply 1
Original post by Simran_Kamble
Till June.

I am doing:
Maths
English Lang
English Lit
Bio
Chem
Physics
Geography
Media Studies
Spanish

How long should I revise each day and how can I? I have so much of science. Because I am doing triple science, I have to revise for 21 chapters.

Any techniques? And please honestly tell me your GCSE Results and when you started revision, truthfully.

You should maximise your time and revise effectively and efficiently maybe 1hr for each subject a day with breaks in between if possible. Past papers will do for subjects like maths, english and science. For science you should break your revision into sections as there are many chapters.You could revise using revision guides, making notes and online materials like mathswatch etc.
Remember every person is diffrent so you should know what works best for you.:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I have 6 science exams coming up :eek:, I write notes for each chapter and do a bunch of questions. I also practice doing lots of equations, because I suck at rearranging them. A lot of people do flashcards too.
For Spanish I try to do a lot of listening exercises because that's my weakest area. I also try to watch Spanish cartoons and stuff to try and see how much I can understand.
All I can really think of for maths is to do past papers, and then mark them, revise the bits you got wrong, so that you're focusing on your weak areas. Mathswatch vle has helped me a lot.
For English, I read over what we do in class and I re-read the books and poems we are studying . I do mini essays as well.

I revise each subject for about an hour or two, with breaks in between.

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Simran_Kamble
Till June.

I am doing:
Maths
English Lang
English Lit
Bio
Chem
Physics
Geography
Media Studies
Spanish

What english literature books are you doing? And what spec are you on? Aqa?

Quick Reply

Latest