The Student Room Group

Will I get into trouble for "plagiarism"

Hi!

I'm studying Computing GCSE. I'm currently doing some programming coursework. It's pretty chilled in the classroom since we're allowed to talk, work in groups, use the internet and take our coursework home.

Here's my problem: I occasionally forget to take my USB to school so when I make changes to my code I upload it onto pastebin (so that the indenting doesn't mess itself up). I've done this a few times already.

Today I just realised that my code can be tracked down (if you search hard enough). I did some research on plagiarism checkers and it's very possible for my code to be found. To an exam board it's obviously going to look I copied the code even though it's mine.

I sent a message to pastebin requesting that they delete my posts but I'm not 100% sure it's going to happen. I'm really confused, do exam boards even cheat check the code anyway? I'm kind of at loss on what to do... Any ideas?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this thread.
you'll probably be fine tbh
Reply 3
Really? I'm in a very small class so it's highly likely that my work will be moderated.. :frown:
Well, they cannot prove that you copied it.

Just tell them the explanation that you have said here.
Original post by excaliburnus
Really? I'm in a very small class so it's highly likely that my work will be moderated.. :frown:

hmm maybe, but yeah just explain that you had to store it somewhere else for reasons if they ask, it'll probably be ok.
Reply 6
Thanks for the help! I was over thinking it a bit haha.

Quick Reply

Latest